These Cell Cycle And Cell Division MCQ For NEET are most important for your upcoming competitive examinations including NEET, AIIMS are other board exams of Class-8, Class-9, Class-10, Class-11, and Class-12.
Cell Cycle And Cell Division MCQ For NEET
1. Which among the following is not correct about the Golgi apparatus?
a) They are absent in RBCs, sperm cells of Pteridophytes and Bryophytes
b) Golgi apparatus is freely distributed in animal cells and in plants fluid filled sac like structures called cisternae that pile parallel to each other to form Golgi bodies
c) There are three main components, namely, cisternae, tubules and vesicles
d) The membrane bound containers which appear dense in the cytoplasm are called vesicles
2. Which among the following is incorrect about vacuoles?
a) Vacuoles are fluid filled membrane bound sacs
b) They consist of water and sap consisting of minerals, sugars, amino acids and proteins etc.
c) The function of vacuoles differs from one organism to other
d) Vacuoles in plants are not membrane bound and therefore they occupy most of the cell
3. Which among the following statements is incorrect about mitochondria?
a) Mitochondria is a rod-shaped organelle bounded by two membranes and is also called as the power house of the cell
b) Mitochondria has an outer membrane, an inner membrane, cristae and matrix
c) The inner membrane of the mitochondria is highly folded and these folds provide greater surface area for the generation of ATP molecules
d) Mitochondria can’t synthesize their own proteins and depend on rough endoplasmic reticulum
4. Which among the following is incorrect about plastids?
a) These are the organelles present only in plant cell and bear color imparting pigments
b) Plastids are of three kinds, namely, leucoplasts, chromoplasts and chloroplasts
c) Chromoplasts contain carotenoid pigments and provide red to orange color to the flowers and fruits
d) Chloroplast is a single membrane bound organelles with stroma which contains a stack of thyllakoids called grana
5. Which among the following is incorrect about ribosomes?
a) Ribosomes are granule like structures without any membrane that act as site for protein synthesis
b) The size of the ribosomes are expressed using their sedimentation coefficients and is denoted by S, where S denotes to sub – units
c) Eukaryotic and prokaryotic ribosomes are 80S and 70S respectively
d) Eukaryotic ribosome further contains two unequal sub-units, 40S and 60S
6. Which among the following is incorrect about cytoskeleton, cilia and flagella?
a) Cytoskeleton is the network of minute proteinaceous structure in the cytoplasm and which mainly contains microfilaments and micro tubules
b) Microtubules are composed of protein actin and microtubules are composed of protein tubulin
c) Cilia is present in large numbers of the body and only one or two flagella are present in an organism
d) Both flagella and cilia help in movement of the organism
7. A cell organelle that is present in animal cells but not present in plant cells is?
d) Golgi complex
8. Which of the following cell is found in the brain?
d) Epithelial cell
9. Protein synthesis takes place in which of the following cell organelle?
a) Cell wall
10. Which of the following cells are found in the intestinal lining?
c) Epithelial cells
11. Which of the following polysaccharide is not present in the eukaryotic plant cell wall?
12. Which of the following is the process of synthesis of glucose?
13. Which of the following site is represented by Loops in lampbrush chromosomes?
a) Crossing over
b) Cell division
14. Which of the following part of a neuron receives information from other neurons?
a) myelin sheath
c) cell body
15. Which of the following is not a component of cell membranes?
16. Which of the following promote curvature of cell membrane?
a) Phosphatidyl serine (PS)
b) Phosphatidyl inositol(PI)
c) Phosphatidyl choline (PC)
d) Phosphatidyl ethanolamine (PE)
17. Which of the following is not a type of chromosomal aberration?
18. Which of the following cells release insulin when glucose levels elevate in the body?
a) gamma cells
b) beta cells
c) alpha cells
d) zeta cells
19. Which of the following cells are pluripotent?
a) embryonic stem cells
20. Which of the following cells do not lack the ability to divide?
a) red blood cells
b) muscle cells
c) skin cells
d) nerve cells
Explanation: Only highly specialized cells of the body such as nerve cells, muscle cells and red blood cells lack the ability to divide, once they have differentiated they remain in that state till the end of their life cycles.