Are you preparing for your DBMS GATE Preparation? Isn’t it difficult to find DBMS GATE Questions With Answers that suit your syllabus? This article is all you need to help you with DBMS GATE questions and become successful at DBMS GATE preparation.
DBMS GATE Questions With Answers
1. A set of possible data values is called
2. An ________ is a set of entities of the same type that share the same properties, or attributes.
a) Entity set
b) Attribute set
c) Relation set
d) Entity model
3. Entity is a _________
a) Object of relation
b) Present working model
c) Thing in real world
d) Model of relation
4. The descriptive property possessed by each entity set is _________
5. The function that an entity plays in a relationship is called that entity’s _____________
6. The attribute name could be structured as an attribute consisting of first name, middle initial, and last name. This type of attribute is called
a) Simple attribute
b) Composite attribute
c) Multivalued attribute
d) Derived attribute
7. The attribute AGE is calculated from DATE_OF_BIRTH. The attribute AGE is
a) Single valued
b) Multi valued
8. Not applicable condition can be represented in relation entry as
d) Blank Space
9. Which of the following can be a multivalued attribute?
d) All of the mentioned
10. Which of the following is a single valued attribute
11. In a relation between the entities the type and condition of the relation should be specified. That is called as______attribute.
12. _____________ express the number of entities to which another entity can be associated via a relationship set.
a) Mapping Cardinality
b) Relational Cardinality
c) Participation Constraints
d) None of the mentioned
13. An entity in A is associated with at most one entity in B, and an entity in B is associated with at most one entity in A.This is called as
14. An entity in A is associated with at most one entity in B. An entity in B, however, can be associated with any number (zero or more) of entities in A.
15. Data integrity constraints are used to:
a) Control who is allowed access to the data
b) Ensure that duplicate records are not entered into the table
c) Improve the quality of data entered for a specific property
d) Prevent users from changing the values stored in the table
16. Establishing limits on allowable property values, and specifying a set of acceptable, predefined options that can be assigned to a property are examples of:
b) Data integrity constraints
c) Method constraints
d) Referential integrity constraints
17. Which of the following can be addressed by enforcing a referential integrity constraint?
a) All phone numbers must include the area code
b) Certain fields are required (such as the email address, or phone number) before the record is accepted
c) Information on the customer must be known before anything can be sold to that customer
d) Then entering an order quantity, the user must input a number and not some text (i.e., 12 rather than ‘a dozen’)
18. ______ is a special type of integrity constraint that relates two relations & maintains consistency across the relations.
a) Entity Integrity Constraints
b) Referential Integrity Constraints
c) Domain Integrity Constraints
d) Domain Constraints
19. Which one of the following uniquely identifies the elements in the relation?
a) Secondary Key
b) Primary key
c) Foreign key
d) Composite key
20. Drop Table cannot be used to drop a table referenced by a _________ constraint.
a) Local Key
b) Primary Key
c) Composite Key
d) Foreign Key