DBMS Multiple Choice Questions With Answers are given here. Based on the questions asked in previous year’s different government and private exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, IIFT, and SNAP. Following MCQs on the database management system for bank exam preparation along with detailed answers will help you to crack most of the questions asked in major exams.
DBMS Multiple Choice Questions With Answers
1. To remove a relation from an SQL database, we use the ______ command.
d) Drop table
2. Updates that violate __________ are disallowed.
a) Integrity constraints
b) Transaction control
d) DDL constraints
3. The ______ clause allows us to select only those rows in the result relation of the ____ clause that satisfy a specified predicate.
a) Where, from
b) From, select
c) Select, from
d) From, where
4. The ________ clause is used to list the attributes desired in the result of a query.
5. Which of the following statements contains an error?
a) Select * from emp where empid = 10003;
b) Select empid from emp where empid = 10006;
c) Select empid from emp;
d) Select empid where empid = 1009 and lastname = ‘GELLER’;
6. In SQL the spaces at the end of the string are removed by _______ function.
7. _____ operator is used for appending two strings.
8. The union operation is represented by
9. The intersection operator is used to get the _____ tuples.
10. The union operation automatically __________ unlike the select clause.
a) Adds tuples
b) Eliminates unique tuples
c) Adds common tuples
d) Eliminates duplicate
11. If we want to retain all duplicates, we must write ________ in place of union.
a) Union all
b) Union some
c) Intersect all
d) Intersect some
12. The number of attributes in relation is called as its
13. _____ clause is an additional filter that is applied to the result.
d) Order by
14. _________ joins are SQL server default
d) None of the mentioned
15. The _____________ is essentially used to search for patterns in target string.
a) Like Predicate
b) Null Predicate
c) In Predicate
d) Out Predicate
16. A _____ indicates an absent value that may exist but be unknown or that may not exist at all.
a) Empty tuple
b) New value
c) Null value
d) Old value
17. If the attribute phone number is included in the relation all the values need not be entered into the phone number column. This type of entry is given as
d) Empty space
18. The predicate in a where clause can involve Boolean operations such as and. The result of true and unknown is_______ false and unknown is _____ while unknown and unknown is _____
a) Unknown, unknown, false
b) True, false, unknown
c) True, unknown, unknown
d) Unknown, false, unknown
19. In an employee table to include the attributes whose value always have some value which of the following constraint must be used?
b) Not null
20. Using the ______ clause retains only one copy of such identical tuples.
c) Not null