Chemical Reactions And Equations Class 10 MCQ PDF are the most important for the upcoming class 10 board and high school exams. If you are preparing for the class 10 board exam then you should prepare these mcm several times. But if you’ll be preparing from the beginning then you can’t waste your time searching the internet for MCQ’s So I’ll make it easy for you. Here is the complete list of Chemical Reactions And Equations Class 10 MCQ PDF and that too of top quality.
Chemical Reactions And Equations Class 10 MCQ PDF Download
1. Rancidity can be prevented by
a) Adding antioxidants
b) Storing food away from light
c) Keeping food in refrigerator
d) All of these
2. In which of the given, heat energy will be evolved?
a) Electrolysis of water
b) Dissolution of NH₄Cl in water
c) Burning of L.P.G.
d) Decomposition of AgBr in the presence of sunlight
3. Dilute hydrochloric acid is added to granulated zinc taken in a test tube. The following observations are recorded. Point out the correct observation.
a) The surface of metal becomes shining
b) The reaction mixture turns milky
c) Odour of a pungent smelling gas is recorded
d) A colorless and odourless gas is evolved
4. Consider reaction is an example of
(i) 4NH₃ (g) + 5O₂ (g) → 4NO (g) + 6H₂O (g) (a). Displacement reaction,
(ii) Combination reaction
(iii) Redox reaction
(iv) Neutralization reaction.
a) (i) & (iv)
b) (ii) & (iii)
c) (i) & (iii)
d) (iii) & (iv)
5. Which of the following statements about the given reaction are correct? 3Fe(s) + 4H₂O(g) → Fe₃O₄ (s) + 4H₂ (g)
(i) Iron metal is getting oxidized.
(ii) Water is getting reduced.
(iii) Water is acting as reducing agent.
(iv)Water is acting as oxidizing agent.
a) (i), (ii) & (iii)
b) (iii) & (iv)
c) (i), (ii) & (iv)
d) (ii) & (iv)
6. Which of the following reactors is used for carrying out autocatalytic reactions?
c) Batch reactor
d) A combination of CSTR and PFR.
7. The autocatalyst in microbial fermentation reactions is:
a) Organic feed
d) Product chemical
8. Selectivity in parallel reactions is defined as the ratio of___
a) Moles of desired product formed to the moles of undesired material formed
b) Moles of undesired product formed to the moles of desired material formed
c) Moles of product formed to the moles of reactant consumed
d) Moles of reactant consumed to the moles of product formed
9. The reaction yield is defined as the ratio of ____
a) Moles of reactant reacted to the moles of product formed
b) Moles of product formed to the moles of reactant reacted
c) Moles of desired product formed to the moles of undesired material formed
d) Moles of product formed to the moles of reactant fed
10. For the parallel reaction, A→B and A→C, if B is the desired product and the reaction A→B is of positive order n1 and C is the undesired product and the reaction A→C is of negative order n2, then increasing the concentration of A _____
a) Decreases desired product selectivity
b) Increases desired product selectivity
c) Initially increases and then decreases desired product selectivity
d) Does not affect desired product selectivity
11. The value of the Dispersion coefficient for plug flow is ____
12. The value of the Peclet number for CSTR is ____
13. The dispersion model accounts for ____
a) Deviation from ideal PFR
b) Modelling ideal CSTR
c) Combining batch and CSTR
d) CSTRs connected in parallel
14. The range of reactor peclet number for open tubes is ____
15. The dispersion model is a ____
a) Two parameter model
b) One parameter model
c) No parameter model
d) Three parameter model
16. Which of the following does not provide plug flow of Solid – fluids?
a) Fluidised bed reactor
b) Countercurrent flow in blast furnaces
c) Crossflow in moving belt
d) Concurrent flow in driers
17. Which of the following does not control the design of fluid – solid reactor?
a) Reaction kinetics for single particles
b) Density of fluid being treated
c) Size distribution of solids
d) Flow patterns of solids and fluid
18. The variation of Chemisorption with Pressure is ____
a) Chemisorption increases with increase in pressure
b) Chemisorption decreases with increase in pressure
c) Chemisorption increases with decrease in pressure
d) Change of pressure has no effect on Chemisorption
19. Which of the following is not an assumption of Langmuir model?
a) Energy of adsorption of gas molecules to the adsorbent site is different at different adsorbing site
b) Maximum amount of adsorption corresponds to a monolayer
c) Desorption rate depends on the amount of material adsorbed onto the solid surface
d) Gas phase molecules are adsorbed on discrete points on the solid surface
20. According to Langmuir adsorption model, the rate of adsorption of a gas molecule onto the solid surface is ____
a) Proportional to the square of the partial pressure of the gas
b) Proportional to the partial pressure of the gas
c) Inversely proportional to the square of the partial pressure of the gas
d) Inversely proportional to the partial pressure of the gas