Pop Quiz Questions And Answers – 2022: If you are anything like me, you love a good pop quiz. Whether the teacher is recycling the same old exam questions or using up-to-the-minute technology to create these little quizzes in class, I’ve always been intrigued by them and I’m sure you have too.
Pop Quiz Questions And Answers
80s Pop Music Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Which 80s star is recognised by Guinness World Records as the best-selling female recording artist of all time?
2. Who encouraged the world to ‘Get Down on It’ in 1981?
Answer: Kool and the Gang
3. Depeche mode had their first major U.S hit in 1981 with which song?
Answer: Just Can’t Get Enough
4. Who claimed that ‘I’m Still Standing’ in 1983?
Answer: Elton John
5. David Bowie appeared in what cult film in 1986?
6. ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ was a hit song for which group in 1986?
Answer: The Bangles
7. Huey, from Huey Lewis and the News, played which instrument?
8. Which country do iconic pop trio A-ha come from?
9. In what 80s year did Queen inform everyone that another one had bitten the dust?
10. Michael Jackson debuted his trademark moonwalk during which song in 1983?
Answer: Billie Jean
11. Annie Lennox is the most famous of the Eurythmics duo. Who was the other member?
Answer: Dave Stewart
12. Human League had a Christmas number one in 1981 with what song?
Answer: Don’t You Love Me
13. Which The Cure album features the song ‘Fascination Street’?
14. In what year of the 80s did Madness split, eventually reforming as The Madness?
15. Which female singer won a grammy for best new artist in 1985?
Answer: Cyndi Lauper
16. Which of U2’s members started the band in Dublin when he was just 14?
Answer: Larry Mullen Jr.
17. Who broke out of a duo to go solo in 1987 and found immediate success with his song ‘Faith’?
Answer: George Michael
18. Starting in 1981, Duran Duran have released how many albums to date?
19. The most awarded female act of all time goes to… which 80s sensation?
Answer: Whitney Houston
20. Welcome to the Pleasuredome was the debut studio album of which band?
Answer: Frankie goes to Hollywood
21. What number do you get if you subtract the amount of Nena’s luftballons from the name of Prince’s 5th studio album?
22. Which fruit-themed band scored a Billboard no.1 in 1986 with ‘Venus’?
23. From 1982 to 1984, Robert Smith was the guitarist of two bands: The Cure and who else?
Answer: Siouxsie and the Banshees
24. What are the first names of the Kemp brothers from the 80s new wave band Spandau Ballet?
Answer: Gary and Martin
25. Alison Moyet and Depeche Mode’s Vince Clark were in what electropop band together in 1981?
90s Pop Music Quiz Questions and Answers
1. How old was Britney Spears when her hit song ‘Baby One More Time’ came out in 1998?
2. R Kelly “don’t see nothing wrong with a little…” what?
Answer: Bump ‘n’ Grind
3. What is the other language that Celine Dion regularly sang in throughout the 90s?
4. Which tool-themed MC won best rap video and best dance video at the 1990 MTV Video Music Awards?
Answer: MC Hammer
5. Who disrupted Michael Jackson’s performance of Earth Song at the 1996 Brit Awards by mooning on stage?
Answer: Jarvis Cocker
6. Which 90s girl group is the second best-selling in history after the Spice Girls?
7. The father of which member of Destiny’s Child was the group’s manager?
8. Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, and others contributed to which musical movement in the late 90s?
Answer: The Latin Explosion
9. Everyone knows ‘Kiss from a Rose’, but what was Seal’s second-biggest hit of the 90s?
10. Which 90s boy band’s name was the amalgamation of the last letters of each of the 5 members’ surnames?
11. Starting in 1997, who had an unprecedented 71-week run on the Billboard R&B chart with ‘U Make me Wanna’?
12. Who was the only member of the Spice Girls with a name that was actually a spice?
Answer: Ginger Spice/Geri Halliwell
13. Jamiroquai’s 1998 hit ‘Deeper Underground’ featured in which poorly-rated Hollywood movie?
14. The 1992 comedy hit Wayne’s World was a revival of which 1975 song?
Answer: Bohemian Rhapsody
15. Who won a grammy for best reggae album in 1995 with Boombastic?
16. What was the name of Lighthouse Family’s 6-times platinum album released in 1995?
Answer: Ocean Drive
17. Sean John Clothing was the fashion venture of which 90s icon, launched in 1998?
Answer: P Diddy/Puff Daddy
18. Robbie Williams began a famous solo career after leaving which band in 1995?
Answer: Take That
19. Which is the only country to have won 3 Eurovision Song Contests in a row (1992, 1993, and 1994)?
20. Zac Hanson, the youngest brother of Hanson, was how old when the trio’s classic Mmmbop was released in 1997?
21. It took Mariah Carey 15 minutes to write which holiday hit in 1994?
Answer: All I Want for Christmas is You
22. What was the name of the genre invented by indie bands in Britain in the mid-90s?
23. What was, by a considerable margin, the best-selling single of the 90s?
Answer: Candle in the Wind (Elton John)
24. The 1997 race to Christmas number 1 was between the Spice Girls and who?
Answer: The Teletubbies
25. Often known as ‘That Thing’, what was the actual title of Lauryn Hill’s 1998 hit?
00s Pop Music Quiz Questions and Answers
1. We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. was which artist’s highest-selling album because of the 2008 song ‘I’m Yours?
Answer: Jason Mraz
2. ‘Man Eater’ and ‘Promiscuous’ were 2006 hits for which artist?
Answer: Nelly Furtado
3. After a decade of writing Spanish songs, which artist reached international fame from 2001 onwards with English ones?
4. Which artist released 3 prison-themed albums called Trouble, Konvicted and Freedom throughout the 00s?
5. In what year did Fergie, of Black Eyed Peas fame, make her first solo album The Dutchess?
6. Eminem released his eponymous album (named after himself) in 2000, what was it called?
Answer: The Marshall Mathers LP
7. Paramount Pictures bought the rights to which 2003 Avril Lavigne song in order to make a movie, one which never materialized?
Answer: Sk8r Boi
8. James Blunt owns the best-selling album of the 00s. What is it called?
Answer: Back to Bedlam
9. 3 of the top 15 best-selling albums of the 00s belong to which 4-piece band?
10. Which artist won The X Factor in 2006 and remains the best-selling act from the show?
Answer: Leona Lewis
11. Which band refused a 2001 Mercury Prize nomination, saying the award is “like carrying a dead albatross around your neck for eternity”?
12. After being named Puffy, Puff Daddy, P Diddy, Diddy and P Diddy (again), the artist who cannot be named settled on which name in 2008?
Answer: Sean John
13. Maroon 5 released their solo album in 2002 titled Songs About…who?
14. British garage legends So Solid Crew had how many members when they released their first album in 2001?
15. Who released their first debut album Love. Angel. Music. Baby in 2004?
Answer: Gwen Stefani
16. Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O’Malley Armstrong is the real name of which 00s icon?
17. Which album from Snow Patrol won an Ivor Novello award in 2007?
Answer: Final Straw
18. Which duo released the 2003 album Speakerboxxxx/The Love Below?
19. Vanessa Carlton became a one-hit wonder for which 2001 song?
Answer: A Thousand Miles
20. Katy Perry’s first big hit ‘I Kissed a Girl’ came out in what year?
21. The 2001 debut album of Alicia Keys was called Songs In…what?
Answer: A Minor
22. Which artist got his name from his producer claiming that he “sees music like it’s the Matrix”?
23. After a decade of successful 90s hits, Mary J Blige started her reign in the 00s with which 2001 album?
Answer: No More Drama
24. Justin Timberlake wrote what 2002 hit after breaking up with Britney Spears?
Answer: Cry me a River
25. Rolling Stone Magazine’s number 1 hit of the 2000s was ‘Crazy’, by who?
Answer: Gnarls Barkley