90s Music Quiz with Answers: Do you love the 90s Trivia? Well, so do I! And what’s even better than that? 90s music quizzes, of course. I’m going to share a little test. It’s a 100-question quiz about some of the greatest songs from the 90s, and it’ll see how well you know the decade.
90s Music Quiz with Answers
1. ‘Jagged Little Pill’ was the name of the debut album for which Canadian singer?
Answer: Alanis Morrisette
2. Name the song: “You are my fire, the one desire”
Answer: ‘I Want It That Way’ by The Backstreet Boys
3. Name the song: “You need to give it up, had about enough, it’s not hard to see…”
Answer: ‘The Boy Is Mine’ by Brandy and Monica
4. Name the song: “No I can’t forget this evening or your face as you were leaving, but I guess that’s just the way the story goes.”
Answer: ‘Without You’ by Mariah Carey
5. Name the song: “The best thing about bein’ a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun”
Answer: ‘Man! I Feel Like a Woman!’ by Shania Twain
6. Name the song: “I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea.”
Answer: ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ by Savage Garden
7. Which Madonna song was the biggest selling single of 1990, selling over 6 million copies?
8. Who is known for the songs ‘Cornflake Girl’, ‘Professional Widow’ and ‘A Sorta Fairytale’?
Answer: Tori Amos
9. Which Irish band had hits with ‘Linger’, ‘Salvation’, and ‘Zombie’?
Answer: The Cranberries
10. Which famous Icelandic singer had hits with ‘Human Behaviour’, ‘Venus as a Boy’, and ‘It’s Oh So Quiet’?
11. Which girl band’s debut album was called ‘The Writing’s on the Wall’ released in 1999?
Answer: Destiny’s Child
12. Name the lead singer of the band, No Doubt.
Answer: Gwen Stefani
13. Which rapper had a hit with Dr Dre on ‘California Love’?
Answer: 2Pac / Tupac Shakur
14. T-Boz, Left-Eye, and Chilli were members of which r’n’b girl group?
15. Marshall Bruce Mathers is better known by his stage name of what?
16. What was the name of the debut single from Britney Spears?
Answer: Baby One More Time
17. Who released albums titled ‘Big Willie Style’ and ‘Willenium’?
Answer: Will Smith
18. ‘Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)’ featuring a sample from the musical Annie, was a hit for which rapper?
19. ‘Creep’, ‘Paranoid Android’, and ‘Fake Plastic Trees’ were hits for which band?
20. ‘Losing My Religion’ was a huge hit for which band?
21. Jarvis Cocker is the frontman and singer for which band?
22. Natalie Imbruglia sang the hit of summer 98 with which single?
23. Which TV series had the theme tune ‘I’ll Be There For You’ by The Rembrandts?
24. What are the first names of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis?
Answer: Liam and Noel
25. What is the name of the Spice Girls first number 1 hit?
26. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ was a hit for which grunge band?
27. Who had a hit with “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”?
28. Phil Daniels features on which Blur song?
29. Who held the number one spot in the UK charts for 16 weeks with (Everything I Do) I’d Do It For You?
Answer: Bryan Adams
30. Which band thought he was ‘pretty fly for a white guy’?
Answer: The Offspring
31. ‘Basketcase’, ‘When I Come Around’ and ‘Brain Stew’ were songs by which American punk band in the 90s?
Answer: Green Day
32. What was the name of the Coolio hit from soundtrack to the film ‘Dangerous Minds’?
Answer: Gangsta’s Paradise
33. Norman Cook is better known by his DJ stage name of what?
Answer: Fatboy Slim
34. Who sang the movie title track to The Titanic?
Answer: Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On)
35. What was the best selling single of the entire decade of the 1990s?
Answer: Elton John’s ‘Candle in the Wind 1997’
36. Which Dolly Parton song did Whitney Houston cover in 1992?
Answer: ‘I Will Always Love You’
37. Which film ended with Underworld’s dance track ‘Born Slippy’?
38. ‘Love Is All Around’ topped the UK charts for 15 weeks for which band?
Answer: Wet Wet Wet
39. Aqua had a best-selling song in 1997, what was it called?
Answer: Barbie Girl
40. ‘Unfinished Sympathy’, ‘Teardrop’, and ‘Protection’ were hits for which band from Bristol?
Answer: Massive Attack
41. Which 90s dance craze stemmed from a hit by Los Del Mar?
42. Jason, Howard, Mark, Gary, and Robbie were members of which band?
Answer: Take That
43. In 1997, which band claimed ‘the drugs don’t work’?
Answer: The Verve
44. Who told us all to ‘wear sunscreen’?
Answer: Baz Luhrmann in ‘Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen’
45. ‘All That She Wants’ was a hit for which Swedish group?
Answer: Ace of Base
46. Name the song: “But did you know that when it snows, my eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen?”
Answer: ‘Kiss From A Rose’ by Seal
47. Name the song: “And I don’t want the world to see me, ’cause I don’t think that they’d understand”
Answer: ‘Iris’ by Goo Goo Dolls
48. Name the song: “I like the sushi ’cause it’s never touched a frying pan”
Answer: ‘One Week’ by Barenaked Ladies
49. Name the song: “She’ll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.”
Answer: ‘Livin la Vida Loca’ by Ricky Martin
50. Name the song: “It’s been seven hours and 15 days”
Answer: ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ by Sinead O’Connor