Looking for funny music quiz questions? You’ve come to the right place!… Are you looking to test some of your music knowledge or simply while away a few hours? Solve our great music quiz questions and puzzles, each with a wide variety of categories from the greats. We also have lots of fun and intriguing clues for each question, which will catch up with even the most musically adept and knowledgeable!
Funny Music Quiz Questions with Answers
1. Which rock band had a number one hit with “Don’t Stop Believin’” in 1981?
2. Which pop superstar debuted his signature “Moonwalk” dance in 1983?
Answer: Michael Jackson
3. Lyricist Bernie Taupin has collaborated on more than 30 albums with which English singer/songwriter/pianist?
Answer: Elton John
4. Which American singer, known as “The Queen of Pop”, began their 11th concert tour, called “Madame X Tour”, in 2019?
5. Which singer/songwriter, whose hits include “Born to Run” and “Glory Days”, boasts the nickname “The Boss”?
Answer: Bruce Springsteen
6. Who composed “The Four Seasons”?
Answer: Antonio Vivaldi
7. How many strings does a violin have?
8. In Gustav Holst’s “The Planets”, which planet is the Bringer of Old Age?
9. The sackbut was an early form of which musical instrument?
Answer: The trombone
10. Which singer released the “Genie in a Bottle” in 1999?
Answer: Christina Aguilera
11. Released in 1998 and becoming a worldwide smash hit, what was Britney’s Spears debut single?
Answer: Baby One More Time
12. Dolores O’Riordan was the lead singer with which band who had a 1993 hit with “Linger”?
Answer: The Cranberries
13. Who had a hit in 1994 with “All I Wanna Do”?
Answer: Cheryl Crow
14. Who composed the opera “Carmen”?
Answer: Georges Bizet
15. “Turandot” was the last, unfinished opera by which composer?
Answer: Giacomo Puccini
16. Which two country singers teamed up for the 2003 hit “Beer for My Horses”?
Answer: Toby Keith and Willie Nelson
17. Which “Stand By Your Man” singer married George Jones in 1969, although they divorced in 1975?
Answer: Tammy Wynette
18. Who had a huge number one hit in 1973 with “The Most Beautiful Girl”?
Answer: Charlie Rich
19. Which country legend, a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1991, was hired by the Eagles in 2017 following the death of Glenn Frey?
Answer: Vince Gill
20. Which Rolling Stones guitarist was found dead in a swimming pool in 1969?
Answer: Brian Jones
21. Michael Stipe was the lead singer of which rock group?
Answer: Michael Stipe
22. How is American singer Michael Lee Aday better known?
23. What was the name of the first lead singer of AC/DC, who died in 1980 at the age of 33?
Answer: Bon Scott
24. Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain were all what age when they died?
25. Which Victorian pair’s comic operas include “The Mikado” and “The Pirates of Penzance”?
Answer: Gilbert and Sullivan
26. Which Austrian composer’s best-known waltz is “The Blue Danube”?
Answer: Johann Strauss II
27. Which one-movement orchestral piece, famously skated to by ice dancers Torvill & Dean at the 1984 Winter Olympics, is the most well-known work by composer Maurice Ravel?
28. Which composer’s only opera was “Fidelio”?
Answer: Ludwig van Beethoven
29. Which pop singer’s real name is Robyn Fenty?
30. What was Elvis Presley’s first U.S. number one hit single on the Billboard Hot 100 charts?
Answer: Heartbreak Hotel
31. Joe Cocker had a 1969 hit with his cover of which Beatles song, later used as them song for the T.V. show “The Wonder Years”?
Answer: With A Little Help From My Friends
32. The hit singles “Woman In Love” (Barbra Streisand), “Chain Reaction” (Diana Ross), “Islands In The Stream” (Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton), and “Heartbreaker” (Dionne Warwick) were all written by which pop group?
Answer: The Bee Gees
33. Which pop star played 27 different instruments on their debut album For You?
34. Name the four members of The Monkees?
Answer: Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork
35. Which singer had a global hit with the song “Shape of You” in 2017?
Answer: Ed Sheeran
36. Which singer featured on Mark Ronson’s 2014 number one song “Uptown Funk”?
Answer: Bruno Mars
37. Who was the lead singer of the 1980’s pop group Culture Club?
Answer: Boy George
38. Which American singer died as a result of anorexia in 1983, aged just 32?
Answer: Karen Carpenter
39. Which British 1980s pop group took their name from a mad scientist in the movie “Barbarella”?
Answer: Duran Duran
40. “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” was the first U.S. single released by which English new wave duo, reaching number one in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1983?
41. “Walk Like an Egyptian” was the first number one song for which female band?
Answer: The Bangles
42. “See the stone set in your eyes, See the thorn twist in your side” are the first lines to which U2 song, which became their first U.S. number one in 1987?
Answer: With or Without You
43. Who told us “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” in 1987?
Answer: Whitney Houston
44. Which British singer teamed up with Queen in 1981 for the hit single “Under Pressure”?
Answer: David Bowie
45. Which Survivor song was the theme song for the 1982 movie “Rocky III”?
Answer: Eye of the Tiger
46. Which Norwegian band had a global smash hit in 1985 with the song “Take On Me”?
47. Whose 2013 world tour was called “The Mrs Carter Show”?
48. Which type of wood did the Beatles sing about?
49. Who had a hit in the 1970s with his song Piano Man?
Answer: Billy Joel
50. Who rose to fame with the hit song I Kissed A Girl?
Answer: Katy Perry
51. How is singer/songwriter Robert Zimmerman better known?
Answer: Bob Dylan
52. “Call Me Maybe” was a global hit in 2012 for which Canadian singer?
Answer: Carly Rae Jepsen
53. Who was “All About That Bass” in 2014?
Answer: Meghan Trainor
54. Which country singer wrote Patsy Cline’s hit “Crazy”?
Answer: Willie Nelson
55. Who was the first country artist to sell over 10 million copies of an album?
Answer: Garth Brooks
56. Who had a 1981 hit with the song “9 To 5” from the film of the same name?
Answer: Dolly Parton
57. Which pioneer of outlaw country music wrote and performed “Good Ol’ Boys”, the theme song for the T.V. series “The Dukes of Hazzard”?
Answer: Waylon Jennings
58. Which country music great wrote the songs “Your Cheatin’ Heart”, “Hey, Good Lookin’” and “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”?
Answer: Hank Williams
59. Which singer, sister of Loretta Lynn, had her biggest hit with “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue?”
Answer: Crystal Gale
60. Which American band’s 2015 debut single “Cake by the Ocean” was a huge worldwide hit?