If you love animals, then this Farm Animal Trivia questions and answers might be a real eye-opener for you. It’s one thing to learn about different farm animals from a book, it’s another to go out of your way to find out how diverse these creatures are. This article features dozens of Farm Animal Trivia Questions and Answers and you will surely be amazed by the content.
Farm Animal Trivia Questions And Answers
1. What is considered the most intelligent farm animal?
Answer: The pig
2. What is the fastest movement of a horse’s natural paces?
Answer: A canter
3. What items can be made from tallow, the fat of sheep?
Answer: Soap and candles
4. Do pigs sweat?
Answer: No, they have no sweat glands.
5. How does a baby lamb identify its mother?
Answer: By her bleat
6. What is a group of pigs called?
Answer: A sounder
7. How many toes do sheep have on each foot?
8. What do cows do when a storm is coming?
Answer: Lie down
9. What farm animals can get sunburned?
Answer: Pigs and light-colored horses
10. How much wool can one mature ewe (female sheep) produce in a year?
Answer: 7 to 10 pounds
11. How much does the average horse eat each year?
Answer: Seven times its own weight
12. Why does a hen cluck?
Answer: To reassure their chicks
13. What popular household pet has around 75 million in the US alone?
14. What is the larval stage of amphibians, able to grow into frogs and salamanders?
15. What animal was made globally famous by the SEGA video game Sonic?
16. What bird is a predator by nature and the national emblem of the United States of America?
Answer: Bald Eagle
17. What animal lives mainly in trees, and is apparently the slowest animal on the planet, taking up to 2 weeks to digest food?
18. On what continent would you find the only giraffes in the wild?
19. Which cute little marine creature hold hands with their friends to keep themselves from drifting apart while sleeping?
Answer: Sea otter
20. What bird beats its wings between 60 and 80 times per second?
21. Which land mammal, native to central and south America, has a tongue that stretches to two feet in length?
22. What is the name of the dog in the Disney and Pixar Toy Story films?
23. How many arms do most starfish have?
24. How many eyes do most spiders have?
25. What is a group of wolves called?
Answer: A pack
26. Which bird is a symbol for peace?
Answer: The dove
27. What are baby kangaroos called?
28. Where is a shrimp’s heart?
Answer: In its head
29. When bats fly out of a cave, do they turn left or right?
Answer: They always turn left
30. What color is a polar bear’s skin under their white fur?
Answer: Black skin
31. What animal is said to have 9 lives?
32. What is the only big cat that can’t roar?
33. Which animal is known as man’s best friend?
34. What is the only animal that can’t jump?
Answer: The elephant
35. How many toes does a cat have on each back paw?
Answer: Four. Cats have five toes on each front paw and four toes on each back paw.
36. What do you call a group of fish?
Answer: A school
37. Where is the only place on their bodies that dogs can sweat?
Answer: Under their feet
38. Who does most of the hunting for the family – male lions or female lionesses?
Answer: Lionesses do 90% of the hunting work
39. What do snakes use to smell?
Answer: Their tongue
40. Why do frogs close their eyes when they swallow?
Answer: To help push food down their throats.
41. Which are the only birds that can fly backwards?
42. What does a snake shed a few times a year?
Answer: Its skin
43. Murder is the collective noun for a group of which bird?
44. Camelopard is an old English name for which animal?
Answer: The giraffe
45. Flittermouse is an old English name for which mammal?
Answer: The bat
46. From which animal is mohair obtained?
Answer: The angora goat
47. What is the domestic cavy better known as?
Answer: The guinea pig
48. Leveret is the name given to the babies of which animal?
Answer: The hare
49. Pyrenean, Fainting, and Alpine are all breeds of which animal?
Answer: The goat
50. What are the male honey bees called that are the only members of the colony allowed to mate with the queen?
51. What is a male swan called?
Answer: A cob
52. What is the collective name for a group of lions?
Answer: A pride
53. What is the heaviest specie of monkey?
Answer: The mandrill
54. What is the natural habitat of arboreal animals?
Answer: In or among trees
55. What is the scientific name for the trunk of an elephant?
56. What kind of animal is a karakul?
Answer: A sheep
57. What kind of animal is a Komodo Dragon?
Answer: A lizard
58. How many compartments does a cow’s stomach have?
59. What type of animal is a Flemish giant?
Answer: A rabbit
60. Which adjective is used to describe a horse with two different colored patches, usually black and white?
61. What is a baby goat called?
Answer: A kid
62. What animal has breeds including Jersey, Texas Longhorn, and Belgian Blue?
63. What kind of animal is the main character in the book titled Babe by Dick King-Smith?
Answer: A pig
64. What farm animal shares its name with a country that is often said to border both Europe and Asia?
65. What is the farm animal that becomes the best friend of Shrek?
66. What farm animal has breeds named Zwartbles, Corriedale, and Merino?
67. What type of dog was Lassie?
68. Related to a famous reading device, what is the name of a group of kittens?
69. Famous for being cuddly but not great at breeding, what animal is best seen in Chengdu China?
Answer: Giant Panda
70. What animals are known as the Big 5 in Africa?
Answer: Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, and Leopard
71. What is the only mammal that can fly?
72. In which island nation would you come across the Lemur?
73. What is the largest member of the cat family?
74. Zoophobia is the fear of what?
75. Where would you find a polar bear – Arctic or Antarctica?
76. What is a rhino’s horn made out of?
77. Which animal is protected by law in Rome?
78. What is the name of the common breed of cat that has no hair?
79. What is the national animal of Scotland?
80. With a maximum speed of over 240 mph, what is the fastest bird?
Answer: Peregrine Falcon
81. What animal has a wingspan of around 10ft, can live to the ripe old age of 20, and is protected by the Queen of England?
82. With the endearing name, the flying fox, what type of animal is it?
83. What bird is mythically said to deliver babies?
84. What was the first bird domesticated by man?
Answer: The chicken
85. How many eggs will the average hen lay in a year?
86. What is a group of geese called?
Answer: A gaggle
87. When does a pig’s tail curl?
Answer: When they are happy
88. What is the underside of a horse’s hoof called?
Answer: A frog
89. What are twelve or more cows known as?
Answer: A flink
90. How much does a 1,200-pound horse eat each year?
Answer: About seven times its own weight
91. How much milk does a cow give in her lifetime?
Answer: Nearly 200,000 glasses
92. Do all chickens lay either white or brown eggs?
Answer: No, the Araucana lays blue and green eggs.
93. What are the offspring of a chicken and turkey called?
94. What are female and male ducks called?
Answer: Female ducks are called hens and male ducks are called drakes.
95. How many stomachs does a cow have?
Answer: One with four different sections
96. What kind of creature is a Portuguese man o’ war?
Answer: A jellyfish
97. What name is given to the offspring of a male lion and a female tiger?
98. What type of animal is an impala?
Answer: An antelope
99. Which animal’s name comes from the ancient Greek for “horse of the river”?
Answer: The hippopotamus
100. Which ape gets its name from the Malay word meaning “man of the forest”?
Answer: The orangutan
101. Which bird has the largest wingspan of any living bird?
Answer: The wandering albatross
102. Which is the fastest land animal?
Answer: The cheetah