Which of the following diseases are caused by smog?
(c) Breathing Problems
(d) All of the above
Answer: (d) Rickets, Bronchitis, Breathing Problems are caused by smog. Ischemic heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, and acute lower respiratory infections in children are among the most prevalent diseases induced by air pollution.
More Questions on Air Pollution
1. DDT and Aluminium cans are examples of ________.
2. How many different types of primary pollutants together contribute to about 90 per cent of the global air pollution?
3. Which of the following agents is mainly responsible for the secondary pollutants?
4. Smoke, fumes, ash, dust, nitric oxide and sulphur dioxide are the main sources of ________.
5. Which of the following industries plays a major role in polluting air and increasing air pollution?
6. Which of the following gas is more in percentage in the air?
7. Increased levels of air pollution results in _______.
8. The Taj Mahal, Lotus Temple, Golden Temple, India Gate and other famous heritage monuments are being affected by _______.
9. What is the total percentage of nitrogen gas in the air?
10. Which of the following gases are called Greenhouse gases?