Which of the following industries plays a major role in polluting air and increasing air pollution?
(a) Brick manufacturing industries
(b) Manufacture of gases industries
(c) Electrical appliances and electrical goods industries
(d) All of the above
Answer: (d) Brick manufacturing industries, Manufacture of gases industries, Electrical appliances and electrical goods industries play a major role in polluting air and increasing air pollution. Solid and liquid particles, as well as some gases suspended in the air, contribute to air pollution. Car and vehicle emissions, factories, dust, pollen, mould spores, volcanoes, and wildfires are all sources of these particles and gases.
More Questions on Air Pollution
1. Who was the first scientist to coin the term SMOG and to describe the layers of SMOG?
2. Which of the following pollutants are responsible for the cause of SMOG?
3. Which of the following is called the secondary air pollutant?
4. Which of the following particles is called the particulate pollutants?
5. Which of the following agents is responsible for turning the Taj Mahal yellow?
6. Which of the following statements is true about SMOG?
7. What type of precautions should be taken to survive when the ozone level is high?
8. Which of the following statements is true about the Air Quality Index?
9. The major photochemical smog is________.
10. Which of the following diseases are caused by smog?