A Letter To God Questions And Answers PDF: Check out the free NCERT Questions and Answers PDF for Class 10 English First Flight Chapter 1 A Letter to God below. The questions for Class 10 English with Answers PDF were created using the most recent exam pattern. We have provided A Letter to God Class 10 English Questions and Answers PDF to assist students in fully grasping the concept.
A brief description of A Letter To God Questions And Answers PDF
|Topic:||A Letter To God Questions And Answers|
|Chapter:||1 (First Flight)|
|Chapter Name:||A Letter to God|
|Question Type:||Short, Long, and MCQs|
|Number of Questions:||33|
|Format:||Text and PDF|
|PDF Size:||1 MB|
|PDF Download:||Attached Below|
A Letter To God Questions And Answers PDF
1. What did Lencho hope for?
Answer: Lencho hoped for good rain as it was much needed for a good harvest.
2. Why did Lencho say the raindrops were like ‘new coins’?
Answer: Lencho compared the raindrops with new coins because they were promising him a good harvest resulting in more prosperity.
3. How did the rain change? What happened to Lencho’s fields?
Answer: The rain changed into hailstones as a strong wind began to blow and huge hailstones began to fall along with the rain. All the crops in Lencho’s field got destroyed because of the weather conditions.
4. What were Lencho’s feelings when the hail stopped?
Answer: Lencho was filled with grief after the hail stopped as everything was ruined and there was nothing that he could feed his family with. He could see a bleak future for himself and his family.
5. Who or what did Lencho have faith in? What did he do?
Answer: Lencho had firm faith in God. He believed ‘ that God sees everything, even what is deep in one’s conscience and helps everyone with one’s problems. He wrote a letter to God demanding him a hundred pesos to sow his field again.
6. Who read the letter?
Answer: Postmaster read the letter.
7. What did the postmaster do after reading a letter?
Answer: The postmaster laughed when he read Lencho’s letter but soon he became serious and was moved by the writer’s faith in God. He didn’t want to shake Lencho’s faith. So, he decided to collect, money and send it to Lencho on behalf of God.
8. Was Lencho surprised to find a letter for him with money in it?
Answer: Lencho was not surprised to find a letter with money from God as he believed that God will help him.
9. What made Lencho angry?
Answer: There were only seventy pesos in the envelope whereas Lencho had demanded a hundred pesos. The difference in the amount made him angry.
10. Who does Lencho have complete faith in? Which sentences in the story tell you this?
Answer: Lencho has complete faith in God as he is instructed that God knows everything and helps us in our problems. There are a few sentences that show this
- But in the hearts of all who lived in that solitary house in the middle of the valley, there was a single hope help from God.
- All through the night, Lencho thought only of his one hope: the help of God, whose eyes, as he had been instructed, see everything, even what is deep in one’s conscience.
- “God”, he wrote, “if you don’t help me, my family and I will go hungry this year”.
- He wrote ‘To God’ on the envelope, put the letter inside and still troubled, went to town.
- God could not have made a mistake, nor could he have denied Lencho what he had requested.
11. Why does the postmaster send money to Lencho? Why does he sign the letter God?
Answer: The postmaster sends money to Lencho in order to keep Lencho’s faith in God alive and firm as he was completely moved by it. When the postmaster reads the letter of Lencho to God, he becomes serious and does not want to shake his faith and decides to answer the letter. He gathers money with the help of his post office employees and friends on behalf of God and signs the letter ‘God’ so that Lencho’s faith does not get shaken.
12. Did Lencho try to find out who had sent the money to him? Why or why not?
Answer: Lencho did not try to find out who had sent the money to him because he never suspected the presence of God and had complete faith in God. He could not believe that it could be – anybody else other than him who would send him the money. His faith in God was so strong that he believed that he had sent money to him for his help in his problem.
13. Who does Lencho think has taken the rest of the money? What is the irony in the situation? (Remember that the irony of a situation is an unexpected aspect of it. An ironic situation is strange or amusing because it is the opposite of what is expected).
Answer: Lencho thinks that the post office employees have taken the rest of the money as he had demanded a hundred pesos from God and in the letter, there were only seventy pesos and God cannot make such a mistake. So, he assumes that they have stolen the money. The irony in this situation is that Lencho suspects those people who helped him with his problem and tried to keep his faith alive in God.
14. Are there people like Lencho in the real world? What kind of a person would you say he is? You may select appropriate words from the box to answer the question.
Answer: It is almost impossible to find a person like Lencho as he is an unquestioning and naive kind of person. He is not stupid if he doesn’t know who has sent him money or a letter will reach God without any address. It is Lencho’s faith in God. In the real world, people are selfish and greedy and Lencho is totally lovable and different.
15. There are two kinds of conflict in the story between humans and nature and between humans themselves. How are these conflicts illustrated?
Answer: The conflict between Humans and Nature: The conflict between humans and nature is illustrated by the destruction of Lencho’s crop by the hailstorm Lencho was expecting a good rain to have a good harvest as that was the only hope he had for his earning. He worked so hard to feed his family, but nature turned violent and destroyed everything. The conflict between Humans and Humans: The story also illustrated another conflict, between humans themselves as the postmaster along with his friends and staff sent Lencho money that Lencho demanded from God although they didn’t know Lencho. Lencho blamed them for taking away some amount of money. He called them “a bunch of crook”. This shows that man does not have faith in another man, thereby giving rise to this conflict.
A Letter To God Multiple Choice Questions And Answers PDF
1. What did Lencho hope for?
(a) A good shower of rain for his crop.
(b) A new motorcycle
(c) A tractor
(d) None of the Above
Answer: (a) A good shower of rain for his crop.
2. Why was Lencho satisfied?
(a) On seeing a new tractor in his field.
(b) On seeing a new buffalo.
(c) On seeing the field of ripe corn with flowers.
(d) None of the Above
Answer: (c) On seeing the field of ripe corn with flowers.
3. Why did Lencho need money?
(a) To buy a tractor
(b) To save his family from hunger
(c) To buy a new phone.
(d) To buy a buffalo.
Answer: (b) To save his family from hunger
4. What did the postmaster do then?
(a) He decided to collect the money and send it to Lencho.
(b) He throws away the letter
(c) He decided to beat Lencho to teach him a lesson.
(d) He gave it to another postmaster
Answer: (a) He decided to collect the money and send it to Lencho.
5. Who read the letter sent by Lencho?
(a) His Wife
(b) The Postmaster
(c) One of the farmer
(d) The God
Answer: (b) The Postmaster
6. Who is the author of the lesson ‘A Letter to God’?
(a) G.L. Fuentes
(b) J.k. Rowling
(c) William Shakespeare
(d) Roald Dahl
Answer: (a) G.L. Fuentes
7. What is the irony in this lesson?
(a) Lencho was sad after the hailstorm even though he was the one waiting for a shower
(b) Postmaster laughed at Lencho but still helped arrange money for him
(c) Lencho blamed the post office employees who in fact helped him
(d) there is no irony
Answer: (c) Lencho blamed the post office employees who in fact helped him
8. What did Lencho think of the post-office employees?
(a) bunch of crooks
Answer: (a) bunch of crooks
9. Why was Lencho not surprised on seeing the money in the envelope?
(a) he was too sad to acknowledge it
(b) he had unwavering faith in God
(c) he was an ungrateful man
(d) none of the above
Answer: (b) he had unwavering faith in God
10. How much money was the postmaster able to arrange?
(a) 100 pesos
(c) 1000 pesos
(d) 70 pesos
Answer: (d) 70 pesos
11. Why did the postmaster decide to reply to Lencho’s letter?
(a) he was a good man
(b) he felt empathetic
(c) to preserve Lencho’s faith in God
(d) all of the above
Answer: (c) to preserve Lencho’s faith in God
12. The postmaster was a fat, amiable man. What is the meaning of amiable?
Answer: (c) friendly
13. How much money did Lencho ask for?
(a) 100 pesos
(b) 1000 pesos
(c) 10 pesos
(d) 500 pesos
Answer: (a) 100 pesos
14. What was the only hope left in the hearts of Lencho’s family?
(a) compensation from government
(b) help from farmer’s association
(c) help from God
(d) there was no hope left
Answer: (c) help from God
15. The field looked as if it were covered in _______.
Answer: (a) salt
16. Which crop was growing on Lencho’s fields?
(d) None of the above
Answer: (a) Corn
17. Where did Lencho expect the downpour to come from?
Answer: (b) north-east
18. Where was Lencho’s house situated?
(a) bottom of the hill
(b) top of a hill
(c) top of a plateau
(d) in a city
Answer: (b) top of a hill