MnO2 + 4HCl → 2 + 2H2O + Cl2
Identify the substance oxidized in the above equation.
Answer: (d) Reason: In this reaction, HCl is oxidized to Cl2, whereas MnO2 is reduced to MnCl2.
More Questions on Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Magnesium ribbon is rubbed before burning because it has a coating of
- Which of the following statements about the given reaction are correct?
- Which of the following are exothermic processes?
- Oxidation is a process that involves
- The process of reduction involves
- Give the ratio in which hydrogen and oxygen are present in water by volume.
- When Ag is exposed to air it gets a black coating of
- Which of the following is an endothermic process?
- What type of chemical reactions take place when electricity is passed through water?
- Select the oxidising agent for the following reaction:
- A substance added to food containing fats and oils is called
- The condition produced by aerial oxidation of fats and oils in foods marked by unpleasant smell and taste is called
- Electrolysis of water is a decomposition reaction. The mole ratio of hydrogen and oxygen gases liberated during electrolysis of water is
- When S02 gas is passed through saturated solution of H2S, which of the following reaction occurs?
- Name the products formed when iron filings are heated with dilute hydrochloric acid
- Pb + CuCl2 → PbCl2 + Cu – The above reaction is an example of
- Which of the following gases can be used for storage?