Which of the following are exothermic processes?
(i) Reaction of water with quick lime
(ii) Dilution of an acid
(iii) Evaporation of water
(iv) Sublimation of camphor (crystals)
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) (ii) and (iv)
Answer: (a) Reaction of water with quick lime and Dilution of acid are exothermic processes.
More Questions on Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Magnesium ribbon is rubbed before burning because it has a coating of
- Which of the following statements about the given reaction are correct?
- Oxidation is a process that involves
- The process of reduction involves
- Give the ratio in which hydrogen and oxygen are present in water by volume.
- MnO2 + 4HCl → 2 + 2H2O + Cl2
- When Ag is exposed to air it gets a black coating of
- Which of the following is an endothermic process?
- What type of chemical reactions take place when electricity is passed through water?
- Select the oxidising agent for the following reaction:
- A substance added to food containing fats and oils is called
- The condition produced by aerial oxidation of fats and oils in foods marked by unpleasant smell and taste is called
- Electrolysis of water is a decomposition reaction. The mole ratio of hydrogen and oxygen gases liberated during electrolysis of water is
- When S02 gas is passed through saturated solution of H2S, which of the following reaction occurs?
- Name the products formed when iron filings are heated with dilute hydrochloric acid
- Pb + CuCl2 → PbCl2 + Cu – The above reaction is an example of
- Which of the following gases can be used for storage?