In this post, Structural Organisation In Animals MCQ and Answers PDF, we are going to discuss some most important multiple choice questions on NCERT Class-11 Biology Chapter-7, Structural Organisation In Animals. These Structural organisation in Animals MCQ and Answers are most valuable for your upcoming NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER as well as Board exams.
Other Relevant Questions Links
|The Living World||Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
|Biological Classification||Cell: The Unit of Life|
|Animal Kingdom||Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
|Morphology of Flowering Plants||Transport in Plants|
A Brief Description About Structural Organisation In Animals MCQ and Answers PDF
|Topic:||Structural Organisation In Animals MCQ|
|Examinations:||NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER|
|Class:||11 (CBSE/NCERT) Biology|
|No of Questions:||100+|
|Question type:||Multiple Choice Question|
|Question Format:||Text & PDF|
|PDF Size:||1 MB|
|Download PDF:||Attached Below|
Structural Organisation In Animals MCQ and Answers
1. The buccal cavity of the earthworm leads to the _____
2. Identify the correct pathway of food ingested by an earthworm.
3. What is the function of gizzard in earthworm?
a) Secretion of digestive enzymes
b) Grinding soil particles and leaves
c) Absorption of water
d) It is a respiratory structure
4. Where are the calciferous glands of the earthworm present?
5. Which segments of the earthworm contain the stomach?
a) 9th to 14th
b) 23rd to 25th
c) 16th to 18th
d) 5th to 8th
6. Which segment of the earthworm contains the intestinal caecum?
7. What is the function of typhlosole in earthworm?
a) Mechanical breakdown of food
b) Secretes digestive enzymes
c) Increases the surface area for absorption
d) Excretes waste products
8. Which segments of the earthworm contain the blood glands?
a) 9th to 12th
b) 16th to 18th
c) 23rd to 25th
d) 4th to 6th
9. Respiratory exchange in earthworms takes place through ______
c) body surface
10. What is the excretory organ in earthworm known as?
11. Which of the following is not a type of nephridia present in earthworm?
12. Which of the following is not true about nephridia in earthworm?
a) They are excretory organs
b) They do not regulate the composition of body fluids
c) They are of three types
d) They regulate the volume of body fluids
13. Which of the following does the nervous system of the earthworm not contain?
a) Nerve ring
b) Nerve cord
14. At which of these segments does the nerve cord of the earthworm divide into two parts?
a) 5th, 6th
b) 8th, 9th
c) 3rd, 4th
d) 11th, 12th
15. Which of these statements is true about nerve ring?
a) It has only sensory function
b) It has only motor function
c) It is present on the dorsal side
d) It is present on the ventral side
16. Which of these is not a function of the sensory system of earthworms?
a) Visualize food
b) Distinguish light intensities
c) Detect vibrations
d) React to chemical stimuli
17. Which of these statements regarding the sensory system of earthworm is false?
a) Eyes are absent
b) The sense organs are located posteriorly
c) Taste receptors are present
d) Receptor cells help to detect vibrations
18. How many testes does Pheretima possess?
19. The common prostate and spermatic duct of earthworms is known as ________
a) vasa deferentia
b) vasa efferentia
20. What is the role of spermathecae?
a) Sperm is produced here at the time of mating
b) It is an accessory organ
c) It is vestigial
d) It stores spermatozoa during mating
21. How many ovaries are present in an earthworm?
22. In earthworms, ovarian funnels open into the ______
b) female genital pore
23. What is exchanged during mating in earthworms?
24. Where does fertilization occur for the earthworm?
d) Female genital pore
25. Using earthworms to increase soil fertility is called ______
26. Which of these statements is true about earthworm?
a) They are harmful for agriculture
b) They are used as fishing bait
c) They decrease soil fertility
d) They cannot live in burrows
27. To which class and phylum does Periplaneta belong?
a) Class – Insecta; Phylum – Annelida
b) Class – Reptilia; Phylum – Arthropoda
c) Class – Amphibians; Phylum – Annelida
d) Class – Insecta; Phylum – Arthropoda
28. Cockroach is a(n) _______
29. Which of the following statements is false about cockroaches?
a) They are nocturnal
b) They belong to phylum Arthropoda
c) They are scavengers
d) They are vectors of diseases
30. What are the regions of the body of the cockroach?
a) Head, Thorax, Abdomen
b) Head, Thorax
c) Head, Abdomen
d) Head, Body, Tail
31. What material is the exoskeleton of the cockroach made of?
32. The cockroach body is covered by an exoskeleton made of ______
33. What is the membrane that joins tergites and sternites in cockroach?
a) Arthrodial membrane
b) Arthropodal membrane
c) Vesicular membrane
d) Capillary membrane
34. The fusion of how many segments makes up the head part of cockroach?
35. Which of these is true about antennae of cockroaches?
a) They have 2 pairs
b) They lack sensory receptors
c) They arise from membranous sockets
d) They are present in the thorax region
36. Which of these structures act as the tongue of the cockroach?
37. Which of these structures is the upper lip of the cockroach?
38. Which of these is not a division of thorax in a cockroach?
39. How many legs are there in each thoracic segment of a cockroach?
40. The first pair of wings of cockroach arises from _______
41. What structure of the cockroach is called the tegmina?
42. Which of these is characteristic of hindwings of a cockroach?
a) Thick, Smooth
b) Opaque, Leathery
c) Membranous, Transparent
d) Moist, Thick
43. How many segments is the abdomen of a cockroach divided into?
44. What is the shape of the seventh sternum of the female cockroach?
a) Boat – shaped
45. Which of these pairs of abdominal segments are a part of brood pouch of female cockroach?
a) 1st, 2nd
b) 8th, 9th
c) 3rd, 4th
d) 11th, 12th
46. Where are spermathecal pores located in cockroach?
c) Brood pouch
d) Anal cerci
47. Which of these structures is dorsal in male cockroach?
b) Male genital pore
48. Which of these structures is present in male cockroaches only?
b) Genital pouch
c) Anal cerci
d) Anal style
49. In which abdominal segment are the anal cerci present in cockroach?
50. Which body system is the proventriculus of cockroach a part of?
a) Nervous system
b) Circulatory system
c) Digestive system
d) Reproductive system
51. The teeth of the gizzard in cockroach is composed of ______
52. Which of these is not true about hepatic caeca in cockroach?
a) It lies below the gastric caeca
b) It secretes digestive juices
c) It is composed of blind tubules
d) It is located between the foregut and midgut
53. Where are the Malpighian tubules present in cockroach?
a) Before foregut
b) Between midgut and hindgut
c) Between foregut and midgut
d) After hindgut
54. What is the function of Malpighian tubules in cockroach?
55. Which of these is not a division of hindgut in cockroach?
56. Which of these characteristics is true about the vascular system of cockroach?
a) Closed type
b) Red hemolymph
c) Poorly developed blood vessels
d) Haemocoel does not contain visceral organs
57. Which of these structures is involved in blood circulation in cockroach?
b) Malpighian tubules
58. Which of these statements is true about the respiratory system of cockroach?
a) Exchange of gases takes place through active transport
b) Sphincters are present at the openings of spiracles
c) There are 8 pairs of spiracles
d) Spiracles are absent on the lateral sides of the body
59. Cockroaches are _________
60. Which of these structures do not help in excretion in cockroaches?
b) Fat body
d) Uricose gland
61. How many ganglia lie in the thorax and abdomen respectively in cockroach?
a) 3, 6
b) 6, 3
c) 2, 4
d) 4, 2
62. For how long will a cockroach survive if its head is cut off?
a) One day
b) Two weeks
c) One week
d) Two days
63. Which of these is not a sense organ in cockroach?
a) Maxillary palps
b) Labial palps
c) Anal cerci
64. Cockroaches are ________
65. Which of these is an external organ in male cockroach?
b) Ejaculatory duct
d) Seminal vesicle
66. How many ovarioles are present in a female cockroach?
67. Cockroaches are ________
68. Which of these statements is true about frog?
a) It lives both on land and in sea water
b) They cannot survive in freshwater
c) Rana tigrina is a rare species
d) They belong to class Amphibia
69. Frogs are _______
70. Which of these methods are utilized by frogs for protection?
d) Playing dead
71. Which of these statements is false about frogs?
a) They do not aestivate
b) They change color
c) They live in burrows
d) They hibernate
72. Which of these describes the skin of frog?
a) Thick, leathery
b) Smooth, slippery
c) Hard, dry
d) Thin, membranous
73. Which of these are the divisions of the body of a frog?
a) Head, trunk, abdomen
b) Head, thorax, abdomen
c) Head, trunk
d) Head, thorax, trunk
74. Which of these structures protects the eyes of the frog in water?
a) Nictitating membrane
c) Bidder’s canal
75. Which of these structures in frog receive sound signals?
a) Webbed feet
c) Nictitating membrane
76. How many digits does the forelimb and hindlimb of frog have respectively?
a) 3, 4
b) 5, 4
c) 4, 5
d) 4, 3
77. Which of this is not a distinguishing feature of a male frog?
a) Narrow abdomen
b) Copulatory pad
c) Vocal sacs
d) Moist, slippery skin
78. Where are the copulatory pads in male frog present?
a) Second digit of the hindlimbs
b) First digit of the hindlimbs
c) First digit of the forelimbs
d) Second digit of the forelimbs
79. Frogs are ______
80. Which of these characteristics of frog is the reason for its short alimentary canal?
b) Sexual dimorphism
Structural Organisation In Animals MCQ and Answers PDF Download
Other Relevant Questions Links