Non-Co-operation Movement MCQ and Answers: The Non-Cooperation Movement was a significant event in Indian history. It was a period of civil disobedience and boycott of British goods and services. The movement was started by Mahatma Gandhi in 1920. Here are some MCQs and answers on the movement to help you learn more about it.
Other Relevant Links
Non-Co-operation Movement MCQ and Answers
1. Gandhi-ji launched the Non-Cooperation Movement in
2. Which one of the following statements is not correct about the Non-Co-operation Movement?
(A) The period of the Movement was from 1920 to 1922
(B) Attainment of Swaraj within a year was its motto
(C) It comprised the program of the boycott
(D) M.A. Jinnah had supported this movement
3. “To attain Swaraj in a year” was the aim of
(A) Civil Disobedience Movement
(B) Home Rule Movement
(C) Khilafat Movement
(D) Non-Co-operation Movement
4. Who among the following gave up his legal practice during the Non- Co-operation Movement?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) M.M. Malviya
(C) Tej Bahadur Sapru
(D) Chittaranjan Das
5. The title given by the British Government to Mahatma Gandhi which he surrendered during the Non-Co-operation Movement was
(A) Hind Kesari
(C) Rai Bahadur
(D) Rt. Honorable
6. Who of the following supported Non-Co-operation Movement, but could not see it’s result?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) Motilal Nehru
(D) Chittaranjan Das
7. A pleader of Bihar who left his lucrative practice during Non-Cooperation Movement was
(A) Jai Prakash Narayan
(B) Rajendra Prasad
(C) Sahajananda Saraswati
(D) Raj Kumar Shukla
8. The Chauri-Chaura episode took place on
(A) 5th February, 1922
(B) 4th February, 1922
(C) 2nd February, 1922
(D) 6th February, 1922
9. In which area was Rahul Sankrityayan active in the Non-Cooperation Movement of 1920?
10. Due to which of the event, Mahatma Gandhi halted the Non- Co-operation Movement?
(A) Kakori Case
(B) Chauri-Chaura incident
(C) Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
(D) Muzaffarpur case
11. In which district is Chauri-Chaura situated?
12. Why did Mahatma Gandhi withdraw the Non-Co-operation Movement in 1922?
(A) Most of the leaders were arrested and they were in prison
(B) Britishers were ready to accept the demands partly
(C) Because of the violence in Chauri-Chaura
(D) There was not any chance of success of the movement
13. Mahatma Gandhi suspended the Non-Co-operation Movement because
(A) The support of public was not satisfactory
(B) Muslims set himself apart from the movement
(C) Repressive measures adopted by the British Government
(D) The violent incident at Chauri- Chaura
14. Where was Mahatma Gandhi when Chauri-Chaura episode took place?
(A) At Delhi
(B) At Calcutta
(C) At Chauri-Chaura
(D) At Bardoli
15. After which incident, Mahatma Gandhi had called Non-Cooperation Movement as his ‘Himalayan Blunder’?
(B) Kheda Satyagraha
(C) Nagpur Satyagraha
(D) Rajkot Satyagraha
16. Who tabled a vote of censure against Gandhiji for calling off the Non-Co-operation Movement at the meeting of All India Congress Committee held on 24 February, 1922, at Delhi?
(A) K.T. Shah
(B) Bipin Chandra Pal
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) Dr. Moonje
17. Non-Co-operation Movement was launched in 1920. When it was ended?
18. Which one of the following had taken burning of the foreign clothes as an insensate waste during the Non-Co-operation Movement?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Motilal Nehru
(C) Rabindra Nath Tagore
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
19. During 1923-28, the repetition of revolutionary activities in Indian politics was due to
(A) Rising influence of leaders like Hardayal and Lajpat Rai
(B) Postponement of Non-Co-operation Movement by Gandhiji
(C) Influences of foreign events
(D) Refusal of Indian demand by Britishers
20. The main outcome of 1921-22 Non-Co-operation Movement was
(A) Hindu-Muslim unity
(B) More powers to provinces
(C) Increase in elected members to the Central Legislative Assembly
(D) Division in the Indian National Congress
21. Who among the following had opposed the burning of the foreign clothes during the Non-Cooperation Movement?
(A) Rabindra Nath Tagore
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Shaukat Ali
(D) C.R. Das
22. Which one of the following is correct matched?
(A) 1940-Lahore Session of Indian National Congress
(B) 1931-Execution of Rajguru
(C) 1921-Commencement of Non- Co-operation Movement
(D) 1920-Rowlatt Satyagraha
23. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) 1885-Foundation of Indian National Congress
(B) 1905-The Partition of Bengal
(C) 1909-Morley-Minto Reforms
(D) 1930-Non-Co-operation Movement
24. Indicate true sequence of events concerning the postponement of Non-Co-operation Movement.
1. Police firing in Chauri-Chaura.
2. Police station set fired by violent crowd.
3. Postponement of Movement by Gandhiji.
4. Arresting of Gandhiji. Select your answer of the following code.
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(B) 2, 1, 3 and 4
(C) 4, 1, 2 and 3
(D) 2, 1, 4 and 3
25. Consider the following statements. The Non-Co-operation Movement led to the
1. Congress becoming a mass Movement for the first time.
2. Growth of Hindu-Muslims unity.
3. Removal of fear of the British might come from the minds of the people.
4. British Government’s willingness to grant political concessions to Indians.
Of these statements.
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4 are correct
(B) 1, 2 and 3 are correct
(C) 1 and 3 are correct
(D) 3 and 4 are correct
26. Which of the following institutions were founded during the Non-Cooperation Movement (1919-20)?
1. Kashi Vidyapeeth
2. Gujarat Vidyapeeth
3. Jamia Milia
4. Kashi Hindu Vishwa Vidyalaya Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
(A) Only 1 and 2
(B) Only 2 and 3
(C) Only 1, 2 and 3
(D) All of the above
27. Choose the correct sequence of the events with the help of codes given below.
1. Chauri-Chaura incident
2. Suspension of Non-Cooperation Movement
3. Bardoli Resolution
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 2, 3, 1
(C) 1, 3, 2
(D) 2, 1, 3
28. Consider the following statements. Assertion (A): Mahatma Gandhi postponed the Non-Co-operation Movement in 1922. Reason (R): The postponement was opposed by C.R. Das and Motilal Nehru. Select the correct answer from the code given below. Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
29. When did Non-Co-operation Movement start on the question of the caliphate?
30. The first Mass Movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi
(A) Non-Co-operation Movement
(B) Salt Movement
(C) Quit India Movement
(D) Neel Movement
31. In which year the first Non-Co-operation Movement was launched by Indian National Congress?
32. Who among the following had moved the Non-Co-operation resolution in the Nagpur session of the Indian National Congress in 1920?
(A) C.R. Das
(B) Annie Besant
(C) B.C. Pal
(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
33. When did Gandhiji give the slogan of ‘Swaraj in a year’?
(A) During Dandi March
(B) During Non-Co-operation Movement
(C) During Civil Disobedience Movement
(D) During Round Table Conference
Other Relevant Links