Peasant Movement and Kisan Sabha MCQ and Answers: The peasant movement and Kisan Sabha are an important part of Indian history. This quiz will help you test your knowledge of the subject.
Other Relevant Links
Peasant Movement and Kisan Sabha MCQ and Answers
1. ‘Nai-Dhobi Band’ was form of Social boycott in 1919 which
(A) was started by the farmers of Pratapgarh district
(B) was a movement started by saints for the emancipation of the people lower classes
(C) was a step against contractors of lower castes by landlords
(D) was a movement against contractors by lower castes
2. The first peasant movement of India was
3. Where had Baba Ramchandra organized the farmers?
4. Who among the following was linked closely with Kisan Sabha Movement in the 1930s?
(A) Swami Vidyananda
(B) Swami Sahajananda
(C) Baba Ramananda
(D) Sardar Patel
5. Who among the following was not associated with the formation of U.P. Kisan Sabha in February, 1918?
(A) Indra Narain Dwivedi
(B) Gauri Shankar Misra
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Madan Mohan Malviya
6. Who presided over the first session of All India Kisan Sabha?
(A) Swami Sahajananda
(B) Indulal Yagnik
(C) N.N. Ranga
(D) P.C. Joshi
7. What was the aim of Eka Movement in Awadh?
(A) To stop to give rent to the Government
(B) To protect the rights of landlords
(C) End of Satyagraha
(D) Transformation of rent into cash
8. Who was elected the first President of All India Kisan Sabha at Lucknow in 1936?
(A) N.G. Ranga
(B) E.M.S. Namboodripad
(C) Swami Sahajananda Saraswati
(D) Acharya Narendra Dev
9. Akhil Bhartiya Kisan Congress was founded in
(A) 1936 A.D.
(B) 1939 A.D.
(C) 1942 A.D.
(D) 1945 A.D.
10. The founder President of All India Kisan Sabha was
(A) Acharya Narendra Dev
(B) Swami Sahajananda Saraswati
(C) Bamkim Mukherjee
(D) Jai Prakash Narayan
11. Where was the first All India Kisan Maha Sabha formed?
12. Swami Sahajananda Saraswati formed the All India United Kisan Sabha with the demand for the ‘nationalization of land and waterways’
(A) Just before his death
(B) At a very young age
(C) In the 1930s
(D) In the 1920s
13. Swami Sahajananda was related with
(A) Tribal Movement in Bihar
(B) Caste Movement in Bihar
(C) Farmers Movement in Bihar
(D) Labour Movement in Bihar
14. The demand for the Tebhaga Peasant Movement in Bengal was for
(A) The reduction of the share of the landlords from one-half of the crop to one-third
(B) The grant of ownership of land to peasants as they were the actual cultivators of the land
(C) The uprooting of Zamindari System and the end of serfdom
(D) Writing off all peasant debts
15. Who was associated with Kisan Movement in Bihar?
(A) Rajendra Prasad
(B) C.R. Das
(C) Motilal Nehru
(D) Bhagat Singh
16. In which of the following movement Sardar Patel played an important role?
(A) Bijolia Movement
(B) Dandi March
(C) Strike of textile mill workers in Ahmedabad
(D) Bardoli Satyagraha
17. The leader of the Bardoli Satyagraha (1928) was
(A) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Vithalbhai Patel
(D) Mahadev Desai
18. Mahatma Gandhi gave the title of ‘Sardar’ to Vallabhbhai Patel for his great organizational skills in
(A) The Kheda Satyagraha
(B) The Bardoli Satyagraha
(C) The Salt Satyagraha
(D) The Individual Satyagraha
19. Who gave Vallabhbhai Patel the title of ‘Sardar’?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Pandit Nehru
(C) Maulana Azad
20. Which one of the following places was associated with Acharya Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan Movement at the beginning of the movement?
21. Who started Bhoodan movement?
(A) Jai Prakash Narayan
(B) J.B. Kriplani
(C) Vinoba Bhave
(D) Sri Guruji
22. The ‘Bhoodan Movement’ made its beginning in the State of
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Himachal Pradesh
Other Relevant Links