Provincial Election and Formation of Cabinet (1937) MCQ and Answers: The Provincial Election and Formation of Cabinet in India (1937) MCQ and Answers provides an in-depth look at the political process of the time. The questions and answers format makes it easy to understand the complex topics covered in the blog. Whether you’re a student of Indian history or just interested in the topic, this blog is a must-read.
Other Relevant Links
Provincial Election and Formation of Cabinet (1937) MCQ and Answers
1. The province where the Indian National Congress could not get absolute majority during the general election of 1937 was
2. In which of the following States Congress did not won an absolute majority in the elections for the Legislative Assemblies which were held under the 1935 Act?
3. The Provincial Governments were constituted under the Act of
4. In which of the following province Indian National Congress had not obtained a full majority in provincial legislature elections held in 1937?
(A) Central Province
5. The province where Indian National Congress did not form its ministry after general elections of 1937 was
6. In 1937 elections, Congress secured a clear majority in the State numbering.
7. In how many provinces was the Congress ministry formed in the election of the year 1937?
8. In which one of the following provinces was the Congress ministry not formed under the Act of 1935?
9. After the formation of ministries in the province in 1937, Congress rule lasted for
(A) 28 months
(B) 29 months
(C) 30 months
(D) 31 months
10. The Tenure of the Congress ministries formed in the elections of 1937 after the Act of 1935 was
(A) 20 months
(B) 22 months
(C) 24 months
(D) 28 months
11. In which Working Committee did the Congress adopted the policy of abolishing land ownership?
(A) Working Committee, 1937
(B) Working Committee, 1942
(C) Working Committee, 1945
(D) Working Committee, 1946
12. Muslim League celebrated the day of Deliverance in
13. Consider the following provinces of British India and identify those where the Indian National Congress did not form a ministry in 1937?
1. Central 2. Orissa
3. Bengal 4. Punjab Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 3 and 4
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 1 and 4
14. Who of the following was entrusted with finance portfolio in the ministry formed in U.P. after the election of 1937?
(A) Govind Ballabh Pant
(B) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
(C) Kailash Nath Katju
(D) Mohammad Ibrahim
15. Consider the following reports connected with Muslim grievances in the Congress administered provinces.
1. Pirpur Report
2. Shareef Report
3. Muslim sufferings under Congress rule Select the correct chronological order of the reports from the code given below.
(A) 1, 2, 3
(B) 2, 1, 3
(C) 3, 1, 2
(D) 1, 3, 2
Other Relevant Links