Tripuri Crisis of Congress (1939) MCQ and Answers: The Tripuri Crisis of Congress (1939) was a major turning point in the history of the party. This quiz will help you test your knowledge of the events that led up to the crisis and the aftermath. With questions and answers that are sure to test your knowledge, this quiz is perfect for anyone looking to learn more about this important moment in Congress history.
Other Relevant Links
Tripuri Crisis of Congress (1939) MCQ and Answers
1. Who of the following presided over the Haripura Session of the Indian National Congress?
(A) C.R. Das
(B) J.B. Kriplani
(C) S.C. Bose
(D) J.L. Nehru
2. The object of the Butler Committee of 1927 was to
(A) Define the jurisdiction of the Central and Provincial Governments
(B) Define the powers of the Secretary of State for India
(C) Impose censorship on national press
(D) Improve the relationship between the Government of India and the Indian States
3. ‘Haripura’ where annual session of Indian National Congress was held under the Presidentship of Subhash Chandra Bose in 1938 is situated in the State of
(B) Madhya Pradesh
4. Subhash Chandra Bose was chosen President of Congress in Tripuri Session of Indian National Congress in the year 1939. Where is Tripuri?
5. Who was elected the President of Indian National Congress in 1938?
(A) Abul Kalam Azad
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Pattabhi Sitaramaiya
(D) J.B. Kriplani
6. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose became the President of Indian National Congress by defeating which leader?
(A) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(B) J.L. Nehru
(C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(D) P. Sitaramaiya
7. In which of the following session of Indian National Congress, Subhash Chandra Bose was elected as President for the second time?
(A) Haripura Session
(B) Madras Session
(C) Tripuri Session
(D) Calcutta Session
8. Who became the President of the Indian National Congress after the resignation of Subhash Chandra Bose?
(A) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(B) Pattabhi Sitaramaiya
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Sardar Patel
9. Subhash Chandra Bose defeated Pattabhi Sitaramaiya and became President of Indian National Congress at
(A) Haripura Session, 1938
(B) Tripuri Session, 1939
(C) Lahore Session, 1929
(D) Madras Session, 1927
10. Which Indian nationalist leader looked upon a war between Germany and Britain as a godsent opportunity which would enable Indians to exploit the situation to their advantage?
(A) C. Rajagopalachari
(B) M.A. Jinnah
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
11. The whole dispute between Subhash Chandra Bose and right wing, after the Tripuri Session of Congress, centred round to the question of
(A) Formation of Congress Working Committee
(B) Policy towards princely States
(C) Attitude towards Central Government
(D) Double membership of Congress Socialist Party members
Other Relevant Links