Are you looking for Poultry Farm Management MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-9 (Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production).
Here we composed these Poultry Farm Management MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Poultry Farm Management MCQs and Answers
1. Which of the following is not typically included in Poultry farming?
2. Which of the following is not an important component of poultry farm management?
a) Disease-free breed
b) Proper food
c) Dirty conditions
d) Safe farm conditions
3. What is a domestic fowl?
a) It lives in a particular region
b) It is a foreign breed
c) A bird kept for obtaining meat and eggs
d) A specific bird kept for breeding purposes only
4. Poultry birds which are exclusively grown for meat are called ___________
5. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of a broiler?
a) Generally, they are females
b) Sold in fresh or frozen form
c) Grown for 6-7 weeks
d) Also called as table birds
6. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of Layers?
a) Females having a high rate of egg production
b) They are never vaccinated
c) Birds are given a fresh balanced diet
d) The best layers belong to White Leghorn
7. Which of the following is not obtained by eating eggs?
8. Which of the following is an Indian breed of Poultry?
b) White leghorn
d) Plymouth Rock
9. Which of the following is not an exotic breed reared in India?
a) Rhode Island Red
b) White leghorn
c) Plymouth Rock
Are you thinking of starting a poultry farm? If so, you probably have a lot of questions about how to get started and what the best practices are for poultry farm management. Here are a few FAQs to get you started:
FAQs on poultry farm management
1. What are the best breeds of chickens for egg production?
Answer: There are many different breeds of chickens that can be used for egg production. Some of the most popular breeds include Rhode Island Reds, Leghorns, and Australorps.
2. What are the best practices for feeding chickens?
Answer: Chickens should be given a diet that is high in protein and low in calories. A good diet for chickens will include plenty of fresh greens, as well as a variety of grains and seeds.
3. What are the best practices for housing chickens?
Answer: Chickens should be housed in a clean and spacious enclosure. The enclosure should have plenty of ventilation to allow for proper air circulation, and it should be protected from predators.
4. What are the best practices for caring for chickens?
Answer: Chickens should be vaccinated against common diseases, and they should be given regular checkups by a veterinarian. Additionally, chickens should be given access to fresh water and a clean environment.