Are you looking for Pest Resistant Plants MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-12 (Biotechnology and its Applications).
Here we composed these Pest Resistant Plants MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Biotechnology and its Applications from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Pest Resistant Plants MCQs and Answers
1. Which nematode infects the roots of tobacco plants?
a) Meloidogyne incognitia
b) Ditylenchus dipsaci
c) Xiphinema index
d) Nacobbus aberrans
2. Which one is the method of cellular defense in animals and plants?
a) Recombinant DNA technology
b) RNA interference
c) Immune response
3. RNAi stands for ______
a) RNA intersection
b) RNA insertion
c) RNA intercom
d) RNA interference
4. _________ is mobile genetic elements.
d) Insertion sequences
5. ______ vectors are used for the introduction of nematode specific genes in the host.
d) Meloidogyne incognitia
6. A method involving silencing of specific mRNA due to the binding of complementary dsRNA is called ________
c) rDNA technology
7. _______ prevents the translation of the mRNA.
b) Knock out
8. In RNAi, the DNA is introduced into a host plant in such a way that it produces both ________
a) complementary DNA and mRNA
b) mRNA and sense RNA
c) sense and antisense RNA
d) DNA and RNA
9. Sense and antisense RNA are _______ to each other.
10. Sense and antisense RNA forms _____
a) ds RNA
b) ss RNA
c) ds DNA
d) ss DNA
11. Formation of _______ initiates RNAi process.
a) ds DNA
c) ss RNA
d) ds RNA
12. Which agriculturally important bacterial gene is isolated from Rhizobium?
a) Nif gene
13. Delay in the ripening of tomato is due to_____
a) virulent gene
b) antisense PG
c) antibiotic resistance gene
14. The transgenic tomato variety with an improved shelf life is ______
a) Lyco 100
b) PHB tomato
c) Bt tomato
d) Flavr savr
15. The transgenic plant ‘Flavr savr’ tomato carries an artificial gene for ______
a) delaying ripening process
b) added flavours
c) both delaying ripening process and added flavours
d) insect resistance
16. Two bacteria found to be very useful in genetic engineering experiments are _______
a) Nitrosomonas and Klebsiella
b) Nitrobacter and Azotobacter
c) Escherichia and Agrobacterium
d) Rhizobium and Diplococcus
17. Transgenic plants carry desirable traits like _______
a) harmful genes
b) herbicide resistance
c) lactose intolerance
d) complementary genes
18. Strains of Bacillus thuringiensis are being used for designing ______
c) biometallurgical techniques
d) bioinsecticidal plants
19. Natural genetic engineer is ________
a) Pseudomonas putida
b) Escherichia coli
c) Agrobacterium tumefaciens
d) Bacillus subtilis
20. Flavr savr variety of tomato is the improved variety developed through ________
a) hybridization between old varieties
b) mutation variety
c) incorporation of a transgene
d) hybridization between a modern variety and a wild variety
21. Insect pest resistance Bt-cotton plant was developed using ________
a) transgenic technology
b) somaclonal variation
d) somatic hybridization
22. A desirable change in the genotype of an organism is obtained by _______
a) m-RNA formation
b) DNA replication
c) protein synthesis
d) rDNA technology
FAQs on Pest Resistant Plants
Q1. What are some common pest-resistant plants?
Answer: There is a variety of pest-resistant plants available, including many varieties of vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Some common examples include tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, basil, and sage.
Q2. How do pest-resistant plants work?
Answer: pest-resistant plants usually have natural defenses against pests, such as chemicals or physical barriers. For example, some plants produce chemicals that repel or kill pests, while others have physical features that make it difficult for pests to penetrate or damage the plant.
Q3. Are pest-resistant plants 100% effective?
Answer: No plant is 100% effective against all pests, but pest-resistant plants can help reduce the overall population of pests in your home or garden. Additionally, growing a variety of pest-resistant plants can create a more diverse and effective defense against pests.
Q4. Do pest-resistant plants require special care?
Answer: No, pest-resistant plants do not require any special care. In fact, they often require less care than non-resistant plants, since they are less likely to be damaged by pests. However, it is still important to properly care for your plants, regardless of their resistance to pests.
Have any other questions about Pest Resistant Plants? Leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer them!
Categories: Biology Class-12