Are you looking for Principles of Biotechnology MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-11 (Microbes in Human Welfare).
Here we composed these Principles of Biotechnology MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Biotechnology Principles and Processes from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Principles of Biotechnology MCQs and Answers
1. _____ is a product of biotechnology.
2. The techniques of _______ overcome the limitation of traditional hybridization procedures.
b) modern hybridization
c) genetic engineering
d) cell biology
3. What initiates the replication in DNA?
a) DNA ligase
b) Origin of replication
c) Termination sequences
d) Histone proteins
4. _____ is an autonomously replicating circular extra-chromosomal DNA.
b) Nitrogenous base
5. Restriction enzymes are _______
b) sticky ends
c) molecular scissors
6. Who gave the definition of Biotechnology?
a) The European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB)
b) National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
c) National Institutes of Health (NIH)
d) National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS)
7. What are the two views does the definition of Biotechnology encompass?
a) Medical biotechnology and Agricultural biotechnology
b) Traditional biotechnology and Modern molecular biotechnology
c) Blue biotechnology and Red biotechnology
d) Green biotechnology and Animal biotechnology
8. The two core techniques that enabled the birth of modern biotechnology are _____
a) red biotechnology and green biotechnology
b) classical and traditional biotechnology
c) genetics and mathematics
d) genetic engineering and maintenance of a sterile environment
9. Plasmid DNA acts as _____ to transfer the piece of DNA attached to it into the host organism.
10. Making multiple copies of the desired DNA template is called ______
c) r-DNA technology
d) genetic engineering
11. ______ organism’s plasmid was used for the construction of first recombinant DNA.
b) Bacillus subtilis
c) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
d) Salmonella typhimurium
FAQs on Principles of Biotechnology
Q1. What is biotechnology?
Answer: Biotechnology is the application of scientific and engineering principles to the processing of living organisms or materials to produce useful products and services.
Q2. What are the different types of biotechnology?
Answer: There are many different types of biotechnology, including but not limited to medical biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and environmental biotechnology.
Q3. What are the goals of biotechnology?
Answer: The goals of biotechnology vary depending on the specific application, but generally speaking, the goal is to improve or create new products or services while minimizing negative impacts on the environment.
Q4. What are the risks associated with biotechnology?
Answer: As with any technology, there are risks associated with biotechnology. These risks can be mitigated through proper regulation and safety protocols.
Categories: Biology Class-12