Are you looking for Single Cell Protein MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-9 (Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production).
Here we composed these Single Cell Protein MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Single Cell Protein MCQs and Answer
1. SCP stands for __________
a) Single Cell Protein
b) Stress Cultivated Plant
c) Somatic Cultivated Plantlet
d) Soma Clonal Plants
2. How much per cent of the human population is suffering from hunger and malnutrition?
a) 75 per cent
b) 5 per cent
c) 25 per cent
d) 50 per cent
3. Which of the following algae can be grown on wastewater?
4. On which of the following material, Spirulina cannot grow?
c) Animal manure
5. Which of the following bacterial species is known for its high rate of biomass production?
a) Methylophilus methylotrophus
6. Which of the following is the most common source of SCP?
a) Multicellular yeast
b) Single-celled yeast
c) Unicellular algae
d) Unicellular bacteria
7. Which of the following is not an organic matter on which microorganisms are raised for SCP?
b) Paddy straw
8. Which of the following is not an advantage of SCP?
a) Used as a protein-rich diet
b) Reduce environmental pollution
c) Increase in supply of protein
d) Increases water pollution
FAQs on Single Cell Protein
Q1. What is single cell protein?
Answer: Single cell protein (SCP) is a protein that is produced by a single cell. It is also known as microalgae protein or microbial protein. SCP is a sustainable and environmentally friendly source of protein that can be used as a food or feed ingredient.
Q2. What are the benefits of using SCP?
Answer: SCP is a sustainable and environmentally friendly source of protein that can be used as a food or feed ingredient. SCP is a high-quality protein that is rich in essential amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids. SCP is also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Q3.What are the risks of using SCP?
Answer: There are no known risks of using SCP.