Are you looking for Transgenic Animals MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-12 (Biotechnology and its Applications).
Here we composed these Transgenic Animals MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Biotechnology and its Applications from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Transgenic Animals MCQs and Answers
1. Animals that have had their DNA manipulated to possess and express an extra (foreign) gene are known as ______
a) transgenic animals
c) infected animals
d) Bt animals
2. Today transgenic model exist for disease like ______
c) cystic fibrosis
3. Transgenic animals have ______
a) foreign protein
b) foreign gene
c) foreign lipid
d) foreign amino acid
4. Transgenic animals can be designed to study the change in _______
5. Transgenic models exist for ________ disease.
6. By studying the effects of gene one can tell ______ role of a gene in the body.
7. Transgenic animals are design to _______ our understanding of the role of genes disease.
8. Transgenic animals serve as ______ for human for better understanding of genes and their functions.
9. Transgenic animals are used to study what is the function of ______ gene.
10. Transgenic models exist for ________ disease.
c) rheumatoid arthritis
11. 95% transgenic animals are ______
12. Today transgenic model exist for disease like ______
13. Biological products can be created with the help of transgenic animals by the introduction of a portion of ______
14. What is used to treat emphysema?
c) Growth hormone
15. The first transgenic cow was produced in?
16. The name of the first transgenic cow was _____
17. The first transgenic cow produced ______ grams protein per liter of milk.
18. The milk produced by transgenic cow contained _______ protein.
b) human alpha-lactalbumin
c) human albumin
19. Attempts are being made to treat ________ using transgenic animals.
20. Attempts are being made to treat ________ using transgenic animals.
c) cystic fibrosis
21. Most widely used animal for testing vaccine safety is _______
22. How much % of transgenic mice is used?
23. Which animal is used for testing the safety of vaccines before they are used on humans?
24. Monkeys are being used to test the safety of _______ vaccine.
25. Which animal is being developed to replace the monkeys for vaccine testing?
a) Transgenic mice
b) Transgenic cow
c) Transgenic pig
d) Transgenic rabbit
26. Transgenic mice are being developed for use in testing the safety of vaccines before they are used on ________
27. Vaccines are normally tested on ______ before using on humans.
28. Chemical safety testing is also known as _______ testing.
29. Chemical safety testing is also known as _______ testing.
30. The procedure of chemical safety testing is the same as that used for testing _______ of drugs.
31. The genes carried by transgenic animals make them more ______ to toxic substances as compared to non-transgenic animals.
32. To study the effects of the incorporated gene(s), the ________ animals are subjected to toxic substances.
33. Toxicity testing in transgenic animals will allow us to obtain results in ______ time.
FAQs on Transgenic Animals
Q1. What are transgenic animals?
Answer: Transgenic animals are animals that have been genetically engineered to possess a trait or traits that are not naturally found in that species. The introduced genetic material may come from another species, or it may be man-made.
Q2. What are some examples of transgenic animals?
Answer: The first transgenic animal was a mouse, created in 1974. Transgenic mice are now commonly used in research. Other examples of transgenic animals include cows, pigs, goats, fish, and chickens.
Q3. What are some potential benefits of transgenic animals?
Answer: Transgenic animals may be used to produce pharmaceuticals and other valuable proteins in their milk, eggs, or blood. They may also be used to create model organisms for studying human diseases, and for developing new methods of agriculture and animal husbandry.
Q4. What are some potential risks of transgenic animals?
Answer: There is always the potential for unintended consequences when introducing new genes into an animal. There is also the possibility that transgenic animals could escape and mate with wild animals, causing unforeseen environmental impacts.
Have any other questions about Transgenic Animals? Leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer them!