Are you looking for Organism and its Environment MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-13 (Organisms and Populations).
Here we composed these organism and its Environment MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Organisms and Populations from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Organism and its Environment MCQs and Answers
1. Who is revered as Father of Ecology in India?
a) Ramdeo Misra
b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
c) Verghese Kurien
d) MS Swaminathan
2. By studying what processes can we tell the complexity of organisms?
a) Physical organization
b) Biological organization
c) Chemical organization
d) Physiological organization
3. What is the first level of organization?
4. What is the level of the organization after the macromolecules?
5. What is the level of the organization after the cell?
6. What is the level of the organization before an organism?
7. What is the level of the organization after the organs?
8. What is the level of the organization after an individual organism?
9. What is the level of the organization after the population?
10. What is the organizational level before biomes?
11. Which of the following is the last level of organization?
12. By which method do birds communicate with each other?
13. How many levels of the organization do ecology consists of?
14. What is a group of individuals belonging to the same species within an ecosystem called?
15. For what is the interaction among organisms is necessary?
16. Maximum productivity is found in which of the following ecosystem?
c) Temperate forests
d) Tropical rainforests
17. Which one of the following is an example of the man-made terrestrial ecosystem?
a) Botanical gardens
18. Which type of forest is found near the equator?
a) Coniferous forests
c) Tropical forests
d) Deciduous forests
19. Which of the following is an example of an artificial ecosystem?
b) Rice field
20. What are the functional units of nature, where organisms interact with each other and their surroundings?
21. What is the place where a particular organism lives called?
22. What is the physical space occupied by the organism called?
a) Trophic niche
b) Unique niche
c) Multidimensional niche
d) Spatial niche
23. Which type of components are proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates?
24. Which one of the following is a man-made aquatic ecosystem?
25. Which one of the following is an abiotic factor?
26. Which of the following is an artificial ecosystem?
27. What kind of interaction does an ecosystem involve?
c) Biotic factors
d) Communities and their physical environment
28. Which of the following is an abiotic component?
FAQs on Organism and its Environment
Q1. What is an organism?
Answer: An organism is any living being, whether it is a plant, animal, fungus, or bacteria. All organisms have certain requirements for survival, such as food, water, shelter, and air.
Q2. What is the environment?
Answer: The environment is everything that surrounds an organism and the conditions that affect its life. The environment includes both the biotic (living) and abiotic (nonliving) factors.
Q3. How do organisms interact with their environment?
Answer: Organisms interact with their environment in many ways, such as obtaining food and water, obtaining shelter, and reproducing.
Q4. What are some examples of environmental factors that can affect an organism?
Answer: Some examples of environmental factors that can affect an organism include temperature, light, and water.
Q5. What are some ways that humans have impacted the environment?
Answer: Some ways that humans have impacted the environment include pollution, deforestation, and overfishing.