Are you looking for Basics of Biodiversity MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-15 (Biodiversity and Conservation).
Here we composed these Basics of Biodiversity MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Biodiversity and Conservation from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Patterns of Biodiversity MCQs and Answers
1. How is the diversity of plants and animals throughout the world?
2. For many groups of animals or plants, which is the most well-known pattern in diversity?
a) Latitudinal gradient
b) Longitudinal gradient
c) Aquatic gradient
d) Meridian gradient
3. What happens to species diversity as we move away from the equator towards the poles?
4. How many species of birds are located in Colombia that is located near the equator?
5. Which of the following species of bird is found in New York?
a) Indian Vulture
b) Indian Bustard
c) American Woodcock
d) Bengal Florican
6. How many species of birds are located in Greenland?
7. Which place has the greatest biodiversity on Earth?
a) Western Ghats
b) Australian forest
c) African forest
d) Amazonian rain forest
8. Which environments are less seasonal, relatively more constant and predictable?
a) Arctic environments
b) Temperate environments
c) Tropical environments
d) Polar environments
9. What energy available in the tropics contributes to higher productivity?
b) Fossil fuel
10. Which region had a long evolutionary time for species diversification?
a) Temperate environments
b) Polar environments
c) Tropical environments
d) Arctic environments
11. Who observed that within a region species richness increased with increasing the area explored, but this increase is only up to a limit?
a) Charles Darwin
b) Alexander von Humboldt
c) Rudolf Virchow
d) Louis Pasteur
15. In which range the value of Z lies?
a) 0.1 to 0.2
b) 1 to 2
c) 0.001 to 0.002
d) 10 to 20
Biodiversity patterns can be complex and sometimes difficult to understand. Here are some frequently asked questions that can help shed light on this important topic.
FAQs on Patterns of Biodiversity
Q. What is biodiversity?
Answer: Biodiversity, simply put, is the variety of life on Earth. This includes all plants, animals, and microorganisms, as well as the ecosystems they inhabit.
Q. What are the main patterns of biodiversity?
Answer: There are three main patterns of biodiversity: species richness, species evenness, and species abundance.
Q. What is species richness?
Answer: Species richness is a measure of the number of different species in an area. The more species there are, the higher the species richness.
Q. What is species evenness?
Answer: Species evenness is a measure of how equal the abundance of different species is. If all species are equally abundant, the evenness is high. If one species is much more abundant than the others, the evenness is low.
Q. What is species abundance?
Answer: Species abundance is a measure of how many individuals of a species there are. A species can be abundant even if there are only a few individuals, as long as those individuals are very common.
Have any other questions about Patterns of Biodiversity? Leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer them!