Are you looking for Solid Wastes MCQs and Answers for medical entrance examinations? If yes, these are some most important multiple choice questions and answers on NCERT Class-12 Biology, Chapter-16 (Environmental Issues).
Here we composed these Solid Wastes MCQs and Answers after reading the chapter on Environmental Issues from the NCERT book on Class 12 Biology. The questions are topics-wise and the students can relate the questions easily to the most important topics of this chapter.
Solid Wastes MCQs and Answers
1. What is every material that goes to the trash known as?
a) Liquid waste
b) Solid waste
d) Kitchen waste
2. What are wastes from homes, hospitals, offices, schools, stores, etc., that are collected and disposed of by the municipality called?
a) Municipality Solid waste
b) Liquid waste
c) Kitchen waste
d) Solid waste
3. What of the following was adopted as the substitute for open-burning dumping grounds?
b) Sanitary landfills
4. In which three types can be the waste categorized?
a) Non-biodegradable, half-recyclable, and half-degradable
b) Degradable, half-degradable, and fully degradable
c) Recyclable, half-recyclable, and fully recyclable
d) Bio-degradable, recyclable, and the non-biodegradable
5. Which of the following waste can be put into deep pits in the ground and be left for the natural breakdown?
6. Which of the following waste contributes heavily to environmental pollution?
a) Bio-degradable waste
b) Plastic waste
c) Liquid waste
d) Recyclable waste
7. What does mining waste consist of?
d) Mine-dust, rock trailing
8. Which one of the following is a component of hospital waste?
b) Toxic metals
9. What can be made using bio-degradable waste?
d) Gobar gas
10. Which of the following is a method of solid waste disposal?
a) Sludge method
There are many questions when it comes to solid wastes – what can be recycled, where it goes, and how it affects the environment. Here are some common solid waste FAQs to help you learn more about this important topic:
FAQs on Solid Wastes
What are solid wastes?
Solid wastes are materials that are discarded as unwanted or unusable. They can be either biodegradable or non-biodegradable.
What are the different types of solid wastes?
There are four main types of solid waste: municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, industrial waste, and e-waste.
What are the dangers of solid waste?
If not properly managed, solid waste can pose a number of dangers to public health and the environment. These include air pollution, water pollution, and soil contamination.
How can solid waste be recycled?
Many types of solid waste can be recycled, such as paper, glass, metals, and plastics. Recycling helps to reduce the amount of waste that is sent to landfill and can also conserve energy and resources.
What are some ways to reduce solid waste?
Some ways to reduce solid waste include reducing consumption, recycling, and composting.
Have any other questions about Solid Wastes? Leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer them!