Universities in ancient India were some of the most prestigious and respected institutions in the world. They were home to some of the most talented scholars and students and offered a wealth of knowledge and opportunities. If you’re interested in learning more about ancient Indian universities, be sure to check out our latest blog post, where we offer a range of MCQs.
Universities in Ancient India MCQs
1. What is the name of the first university established in ancient India?
a. Nalanda University
b. Takshashila University
c. Vikramashila University
d. Valmiki University
2. When was the first university established in India?
a. 3rd century BCE
b. 2nd century BCE
c. 5th century BCE
d. 4th century BCE
3. Who established the first university in India?
a. Gautama Buddha
c. Chandragupta Maurya
4. Where was the first university established in India?
5. How many students were enrolled in the first university in India?
6. What was the primary language of instruction in the first university in India?
7. What was the primary religion of the first university in India?
8. What were the main subjects taught in the first university in India?
c. Military science
9. Who were the teachers in the first university in India?
d. Upanishad scholars
10. What was the duration of the academic year at ancient Indian universities?
a. 9 months
b. 12 months
c. 18 months
d. 24 months
Mention your Answers in the comment box