We have the best collection of the Parallel Array MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Parallel Array MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: BCA, MCA, GATE, GRE, IES, PSC, UGC NET, DOEACC Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Parallel Array MCQs
1. What is a sorted array?
a) Arrays sorted in numerical order
b) Arrays sorted in alphabetical order
c) Elements of the array are placed at equally spaced addresses in the memory
d) All of the mentioned
Answer: All of the mentioned
2. What are parallel arrays?
a) Arrays of the same size
b) Arrays allocated one after the other
c) Arrays of the same number of elements
d) Arrays allocated dynamically
Answer: Arrays of the same number of elements
3. Which of the following is a disadvantage of parallel array over the traditional arrays?
a) When a language does not support records, parallel arrays can be used
b) Increased locality of reference
c) Ideal cache behaviour
d) Insertion and Deletion becomes tedious
Answer: Insertion and Deletion becomes tedious
4. Which of the following is an advantage of parallel arrays?
a) Poor locality of reference for non-sequential access
b) Very little direct language support
c) Expensive to shrink or grow
d) Increased Locality of Reference
Answer: Increased Locality of Reference
5. To search for an element in a sorted array, which searching technique can be used?
a) Linear Search
b) Jump Search
c) Binary Search
d) Fibonacci Search
Answer: Binary Search
6. Which of the following is not an application of sorted array?
a) Commercial computing
b) Priority Scheduling
c) Discrete Mathematics
d) Hash Tables
Answer: Hash Tables
7. What is the worst case time complexity of inserting an element into the sorted array?
Also Read about Arrays Types
1000+ Data Structure MCQs
|Abstract Data Types|
|Application of Stacks|
|Types of Lists|
Download PDF (Parallel Array MCQs)
Categories: Arrays Types