We have the best collection of the Dynamic Array MCQs and answer with FREE PDF. These Dynamic Array MCQs will help you to prepare for any competitive exams like: BCA, MCA, GATE, GRE, IES, PSC, UGC NET, DOEACC Exams at all levels – you just have to practice regularly.
Dynamic Array MCQs
1. In which of the following cases dynamic arrays are not preferred?
a) If the size of the array is unknown
b) If the size of the array changes after few iterations
c) If the memory reallocation takes more time i.e. expensive
d) If the array holds less number of elements
Answer: If the array holds less number of elements
2. In special case, the time complexity of inserting/deleting elements at the end of dynamic array is
a) O (n)
b) O (n1/2)
c) O (log n)
d) O (1)
Answer: O (n)
3. What is a dynamic array?
a) A variable size data structure
b) An array which is created at runtime
c) The memory to the array is allocated at runtime
d) An array which is reallocated everytime whenever new elements have to be added
Answer: A variable size data structure
4. What is meant by physical size in a dynamic array?
a) The size allocated to elements
b) The size extended to add new elements
c) The size of the underlying array at the back-end
d) The size visible to users
Answer: The size of the underlying array at the back-end
5. The number of items used by the dynamic array contents is its __________
a) Physical size
c) Logical size
d) Random size
Answer: Logical size
6. How will you implement dynamic arrays in Java?
7. Which of the following is the correct syntax to declare an ArrayList in Java?
a) ArrayList al = new ArrayList();
b) ArrayList al = new ArrayList;
c) ArrayList al() = new ArrayList();
d) ArrayList al = new ArrayList;
Answer: ArrayList al = new ArrayList();
8. Array is divided into two parts in ____________
a) Hashed Array Tree
b) Geometric Array
c) Bounded-size dynamic array
d) Sparse Array
Answer: Bounded-size dynamic array
9. Which of the following is a disadvantage of dynamic arrays?
a) Locality of reference
b) Data cache utilization
c) Random access
d) Memory leak
Answer: Memory leak
10. What is the time complexity for inserting/deleting at the beginning of the array?
Also Read about Arrays Types
|Abstract Data Types|
|Application of Stacks|
|Types of Lists|
Download PDF (Dynamic Array MCQs)