Amines MCQs For NEET PDF is important for IIT JEE, AIIMS, NEET, Pre UG Medical entrance exams. Medical students who are preparing for competitive exams like NEET or AIIMS must go through this article about important amines MCQs. It will surely help you to score high marks in chemistry.
Amines MCQs For NEET PDF Download
These Amines MCQs For NEET/JEE are based on the following topics:
1. Which of the following has a lower boiling point than ethanamine?
d) Methanoic acid
2. If the boiling point of diethylamine is 329 K, predict the boiling point of ethyldimethylamine.
a) 310 K
b) 329 K
c) 340 K
d) 351 K
3. If the boiling point of n-C4H9NH2 is 351 K, what will be the boiling point of n-C4H9OH?
a) 329 K
b) 301 K
c) 351 K
d) 390 K
4. If A is the boiling point of propanamine and B is the boiling point of butanamine, what is the correct relation between the two?
a) A > B
b) B > A
c) A = B
d) A >> B
5. Which of the following amines are insoluble in water?
6. If ‘x’ ml of butan-1amine and ‘y’ ml of butan-1-ol is completely soluble in 100ml of water each, what is the relation between x and y?
a) x > y
b) x < y
c) x = y
d) x + y = 100
7. Aniline is insoluble in which of the following solvents?
8. Which of the following is least soluble in water?
9. What is the expected geometry of CH3-NH-CH3?
a) Square planar
b) Trigonal planar
c) Trigonal pyramidal
d) Trigonal bipyramidal
10. What is the bond angle in ammonia molecule?
11. Which of the following compounds has to be used in Gatterman reaction?
c) Copper powder
d) Copper chloride
12. Benzenediazonium bromide on Gatterman reaction with HCl does not form which of the following?
b) Nitrogen gas
c) Copper bromide
d) Copper chloride
13. When a diazonium salt is treated with ______ iodobenzene is formed.
a) potassium iodide
b) copper iodide
c) ethyl iodide
14. Which of the following is not produced when C6H5N2+Br– is warmed with KI?
b) N2 gas
15. Benzenediazonium chloride on treatment with _____ gives a product which on heating forms fluorobenzene.
a) hydrofluoric acid
b) fluoroboric acid
c) potassium fluoride
d) boron trifluoride
16. Aryl fluoride can be obtained directly by heating which arenediazonium salt?
a) Benzenediazonium fluoride
b) Benzenediazonium chloride
c) Benzenediazonium hydrogensulphate
d) Benzenediazonium fluoroborate
17. Which of the following is formed as a by product of decomposition of arenediazonium fluoroborate to give fluorobenzene?
18. In reactions of diazonium salts involving the displacement of diazonium group, the nitrogen escapes as _____
19. Identify the most suitable reagent for converting benzene diazonium chloride to chlorobenzene.
20. Which of the following cannot be formed from Sandmeyer reaction on benzenediazonium chloride?
21. The complete reaction for the conversion of aniline to benzene, involving the reduction of diazonium salt, is known as _______
c) sandmeyer reaction
d) gatterman reaction
22. Diazonium salts are primarily used for the preparation of _______ substituted aromatic compounds.
23. Diazonium salts are specifically used as intermediates in the production of which of the following compounds?
24. Which of the following diazonium salts is insoluble in water?
25. Which of the following properties is suitable for all diazonium salts?
a) Water soluble
b) Coloured solids
26. Aromatic diazonium salts are stable at _____ temperatures.
27. When a blue litmus paper is dipped in an aqueous solution of benzenediazonium bromide, the litmus paper _____
a) turns red
b) turns orange
c) turns black
d) remains unchanged
28. What is the most suitable temperature for the diazotisation reaction to take place?
29. Identify the diazonium group in the diazonium salt ArN2+Br-.
30. Ammonolysis is a type of _________ reaction.
a) electrophilic addition
b) electrophilic substitution
c) nucleophilic addition
d) nucleophilic substitution
31. What is the type of amine obtained from the ammonolysis of alkyl halides?
b) Primary and secondary
c) Secondary and tertiary
d) Primary, secondary and tertiary
32. What is the most suitable condition for the ammonolysis of an alkyl halide?
a) 273K, open tube
b) 273K, sealed tube
c) 373K, open tube
d) 373K, sealed tube
33. The main product formed when the ammonolysis is carried out using excess of iodoethane is _______
a) 1° amine
b) 2° amine
c) 3° amine
d) quaternary ammonium salt
34. What is the correct order of reactivity of the following alkyl halides towards ammonolysis reaction?
a) CH3I > CH3Br > CH3Cl
b) CH3I > CH3Cl > CH3Br
c) CH3Cl > CH3Br > CH3I
d) CH3Br > CH3Cl > CH3I
35. Which of the following would not be a good choice for reducing an aryl nitro compound to an amine?
c) Fe and HCl
d) Sn and HCl
36. Which of the following is the most preferred reagent for reducing nitroethane to ethylamine?
37. What is the correct order of pKb values of the following amines?
a) Methanamine > Ethanamine > Benzenamine
b) Benzenamine > Ethanamine > Methanamine
c) Ethanamine > Methanamine > Benzenamine
d) Benzenamine > Methanamine > Ethanamine
38. If the pKb value of ammonia is 4.75, predict the pKb value of methanamine?
39. If the Kb values of ammonia, methylamine and ethylamine are x, y and z respectively, identify the correct relation between x, y and z from the following.
a) x > y
b) y < z
c) x > z
d) x > y > z
40. Consider three gaseous alkylamines A, B and C or 1°, 2° and 3° respectively. What will be the correct order of their basicity?
a) A > B > C
b) C > B > A
c) B > A > C
d) B > C > A
41. The basic strength of alkylamines does not depend on which of the following?
a) Number or alkyl groups
b) Size of alkyl groups
c) Physical state of the amine
d) Presence of an aromatic ring
42. What is the correct order of basicity of aliphatic amines purely on the basis of solvation effect of the ammonium cation?
a) 1° > 2° > 3°
b) 3° > 2° > 1°
c) 2° > 1° > 3°
d) 2° > 3° > 1°
43. Amines are generally ______ in nature.
44. Which of the following is associated with decrease in pKb value of amines?
a) Increase in acidic strength
b) Increase in basic strength
c) Better proton donation
d) Better electron acceptor
45. The equilibrium constant of the reaction of amines with _____ is taken as a measure of its basic character.
a) an acid
b) a base
d) a Lewis base
46. Which of the following aromatic amines has lower pKb value than ammonia?
d) N, N-Dimethylbenzenamine
47. Which of the following amines will be most reactive when treated with HCl?
48. How many more resonating structures does aniline have than anilinium ion?
49. Which of the following groups when present at para position increases the basic strength of aniline?
50. Which of the following is the least basic amine?
51. The compound CH3NHC6H5 is a ______ amine.
a) aliphatic simple
b) aliphatic mixed
c) aromatic simple
d) aromatic mixed
52. Which of the following is a 2° amine?
53. Which of the following is the most suitable classification for C6H5NHCH3?
a) Tertiary amine
b) Aliphatic amine
c) Arylalkyl amine
d) Mixed amine
54. Which of the following is an arylalkyl amine?
55. Which of the following categories does CH3-NH-CH3 not belong to?
a) Secondary amine
b) Simple amine
c) Aliphatic amine
d) Mixed amine
Amines MCQs For NEET PDF Download
FAQs on Amines
What is the chemical formula for amine?
Amines are molecules that contain both a basic amine group and an acidic carboxyl group. The general formula for an amine compound is R3-xNHx where the aqueous solution is named a primary amine while a non-aqueous solution would be called a secondary amine.
What is the basicity of amine?
Amine refers to a family of molecules that contain a basic nitrogen atom connected to other atoms or functional groups. The basicity of amines depends on:
- The electronic properties of the substituents (alkyl groups enhance the basicity, aryl groups diminish it).
- The degree of solvation of the protonated amine, which includes steric hindrance by the groups on nitrogen.